SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ammunition Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition Shortage Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No shortage at my LGS . Yesterday that had a whole pallet of Remington 9mm FMJ sitting on the floor .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Shortage? Maybe in the short term of the past few months, but if one looks at the past 3 years, shit has been plentiful and cheap.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Riots

9mm ammo at psa has doubled.

PSA has been gouging since the beginning. They are just another Cheaper Than Dirt.

How do you figure? They are selling for MSRP. I haven't found an example where they have exceeded it. You do know prices went up drastically from the manufacturers right?

I do not think it is a fair characterization to claim a company is gouging at MSRP during this catastrophe.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday purchased a case of military 00 buckshot $250+ tax, looked like all calibers in stock, shop doing a brisk business. Local shops didn't have what I wanted had to drive out of state but not all that far.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Riots

9mm ammo at psa has doubled.

PSA has been gouging since the beginning. They are just another Cheaper Than Dirt.

How do you figure? They are selling for MSRP. I haven't found an example where they have exceeded it. You do know prices went up drastically from the manufacturers right?

I do not think it is a fair characterization to claim a company is gouging at MSRP during this catastrophe.

Direct pricing has gone up some for everyone, specifically from the big dog ammo makers like Vista (Federal, CCI, Speer) and Olin (Winchester). Our recent invoices from those guys have not been the prettiest to look at, but as always it's definitely going to get passed along to the consumer.

The other thing the consumer needs to take into account is WHERE a retailer is buying its product from. When PSA was selling bulk 1000rd cases of Federal XM193 for about .30/rd only a few short months ago, they were likely buying that direct AND at a discount, since the market then was actually oversupplied and flush with product and Vista was offering anyone with an active account and credit line that "dump it all, and fast" pricing. Now that demand is putting all sorts of pressure on the supply chain system, the discounts have predictably vanished and prices have even risen. Plus, the quantities available for immediate shipping have been limited by some of these manufacturers. PSA with their presumed buying power (I'd guess, since they've become one of those 800lb retailing gorillas these days) probably has been hitting up all of the distributors for restock as well. And distributors, also predictably, have been raising their own wholesale prices on ammo. Snowball effect in full force.

Another effect: I really don't know if the ammo makers have kept their operations going full bore during the mad rush. I already suspect that at least some gun makers have slowed down due to concerns with the virus; HK won't even accept new orders supposedly because they haven't been able to do much with the orders they already have in place (so implied our rep). Benelli only restarted their operations three weeks ago. So if some of the ammo makers did slow or even temporarily halted due to Covid it wouldn't surprise me, and that certainly would at the very least partially explain some of the stress that the supply chain is currently suffering from.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked into a local shop a couple of days ago; I've purchased perhaps thirty or forty handguns and rifles there over the years. The cases were empty, only a few rifles on the walls. No ammunition.

"Going out of business?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Seriously?"

"No, dumbass. Run on guns. Where have you been?"

"Korea."

"How long since you've been in?"

"Three weeks, maybe?"

"We got cleaned out during COVID. Now with the protests and riots, we're cleaned out, and can't get more for the time being."

So much for finding a bargain. Even their junk stuff was gone. Every surplus rifle, even the broken wouldn't-sell-it-to-my-crack-dealer's-dog stuff was gone.

I went in a chain sporting goods store that sells a lot of ammunition and firearms. Some firearms. Line nearly out the door. No ammo.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It looks like the P220 I had on consignment finally moved, so only one left at the shop. I expected the P239 to be the first to go, but I guess even the desperate don’t want metal single stack 9mms these days.

It is indeed an ill wind that doesn’t blow somebody good. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Everything has sold locally.

Except guns chambered in 45 GAP.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just like the stock market it goes in waves. After people bought all the toilet paper the run on ammo started. Then once covid had stabilized and the panic buyers slowed down the stock came back up. I managed to score a deal on Speer Lawman .357 Sig for 12.50 a box from a LE trade in so I bought 500 rounds. Then I snagged a case of Barnaul 5.56 that runs real well in my AR. And then the riots started and back to the panic buying. It's all about timing eh.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A shop in Elizabethtown, PA has a bunch of Glock 48s for $529 and can't seem to sell them. Oh, and a 3 box limit on 9mm per day. But that was before the riots started.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS has little ammo and I think I have more guns than he has. People are begging to buy his range rental guns. No way he will sell them.

As of last week Natchez still had 1000 round cases of loose Blazer 115gr for $247.00 (9mm) FMJ limited to 1 case per customer. Sig still had self defense ammo, V Crown 9mm 115gr and 125gr boxes of 20 for $19.99.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bahahahahahha, that's funny!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
around here I have a 365 for sale nib and have had zero bites couple of people want me to ship it but it's too expensive, figured it would be gone in a day. and no this is not an add just stating the facts. ammo what ammo?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything has sold locally.

About a month into the Mexican Beer Virus thing an LGS Owner I know was literally BEGGING for guns to sell, so I took him a few of my "Expendables" to sell on consignment, including a G-37--It sold in three days--Took five days for my 3913 to sell, so there's that...

Posts: 641 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...699/m/8840017764/p/1

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I guess now would be the time to sell that Colt AR I bought on spec during the first assault weapon ban, and have kept new in the box all this time.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About two weeks ago I got 250 rounds, (could have gotten more) of 124 grain 9mm Gold Dots in five boxes of 50 rounds from AMMO DEPOT who are, IIRC, here in Florida. They had packages of larger quantities then-don't now about now.

I wasn't having any luck finding those any place else, so I was quite happy. I "think" they were, with shipping, a bit over $200.00, maybe $218 all together (used a credit card and haven't got the bill yet).

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I went to the range today at LGS which is a large one. They had very little 9MM ammo left, just some 100 packs of Winchester White Box, and a somewhat decent supply of 22 LR but at much higher prices than pre panic buying. They had a decent supply of 9MM pistols from SA, SIG, CZ, HK, S&W, and Beretta but almost nothing from Glock. Curious with the amount of people complaining that Glocks are over priced on various forums but they they appeared very much in demand during these recent panic buying situations.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curious with the amount of people complaining that Glocks are over priced on various forums but they they appeared very much in demand during these recent panic buying situations.

To most normal folks Glock is synonymous with semi automatic pistol. Like Xerox per say.

I can’t tell you how many folks have ask me something similar to is that a Glock HK.

When the normies make a rush for guns Glocks are what they know.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Mechanicsburg, PA over the weekend. In their used case they had a very decent Beretta 92FS Inox for $349 with the box and 2 hicap magazines. How is that even possible?

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post