SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P227 Any good?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P227 Any good? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I enjoy my P227 SAS very much...

That is one nice looking SAS.

Notwithstanding the 10vs14 issue, how many of you 227 owners made your choice to buy AND keep based on the 227’s larger grip in comparison to the 220? ie Is your ownership (vs a 220) driven only by the desire for increased capacity or do you prefer the ergonomics of the wider grip also?

When I first bought a 220 last fall, I liked the thinner profile as I handled the pistol in the store. But increasingly, I’m finding that my longish hands prefer my old 226’s grip for shooting.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Personally, I prefer the ergonomics of the wider grip. To me the extra two rounds are just a way to not waste the opportunity created by the extra space (although I do wish the furschlinger 14-round mags had actually worked, and would cheerfully invest in 12-rounds mags that do work). Before the 227 came out, I argued that a wider grip frame would make it easier (for me, at least) to wrap my hand around the pistol and get a better grip and, lo 'n' behold, that's what actually happened.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I wanted one of these SO bad, until I fired it at the range. Couldn't get my small hands around the grip enough to get a solid grip.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The P227 came into the game at the wrong time. P220 shooters have been asking for a WideBody version of the P220 since the P226 was introduced decades ago

Today, shooters was smaller pistols

Agreed, they should have introduced it mid-90's during the AWB, would have sold like crazy! If you only can have 10, make 'em 10 .45s!

I bought a Para P13 back then, jam-o-matic. Would have gotten a P227 instead in a heartbeat.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post