SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Original P225 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original P225 grips Login/Join 
Picture of LDB
posted
I've got an original P225 from the 1990's sometime I think. I'd like to find thinner grips. Does anyone know of a good source? I tried searching but had no luck. Thanks for any and all assistance.

-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
-----
Common sense isn't "right wing" unless you are too far to the left.
-----
P220 .38 Super
P225 9mm

Posts: 151 | Location: Greater Houston | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the Hogue G10 checkered to be a slimmer feel replacement for the factory ones. YMMV.

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, Hogue, either the G10 Checkered or the Aluminum Checkered. You will love it.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd definitely go with the Hogue Aluminum Checkered. I have them(the gloss finished ones)on my P232 Stainless Steel. Not only do they feel great, but they look especially striking as well. These are really thin and the checkering is knurled deep enough that you can get a pretty good grip on the gun. Now, the following has not happened to me, but supposedly, the only down side is that Hogue Aluminum grips can scratch easily. Once scratched, there's no chance of getting the mark out. I baby my 232 and only use it only for target shooting, so I've been careful so as not to mar the grips. Maybe some other members will offer their experiences regarding this.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Seems like I got a set of factory plastic grips from Numrich many years ago. Maybe it was Brownells. They are my favorites for that gun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have G10s, way thinner than stock, I love them.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Listen to Q and go with Hogue’s Al grips. Don’t try wood if you want something thinner than the factory. While that wasn’t my intent, I was less then satisfied with Grips4U and Marschal grips were crap. Good luck!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Personally, I'd definitely go with the Hogue Aluminum Checkered. I have them(the gloss finished ones)on my P232 Stainless Steel. Not only do they feel great, but they look especially striking as well. These are really thin and the checkering is knurled deep enough that you can get a pretty good grip on the gun. Now, the following has not happened to me, but supposedly, the only down side is that Hogue Aluminum grips can scratch easily. Once scratched, there's no chance of getting the mark out. I baby my 232 and only use it only for target shooting, so I've been careful so as not to mar the grips. Maybe some other members will offer their experiences regarding this.

Yeah, big fan of the Aluminum Checkered grips.

But, yes, they do scratch up easily.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I have the Hogue G10 Piranhas on mine. I tried the aluminums but found the Piranhas were a better fit for me.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post