SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p210 legend trigger reset
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p210 legend trigger reset Login/Join 
Picture of macfly
posted
Have a question for you.
have a made in germany p210 legend and legend target and seemed to be getting the same issue on both.
When slowly letting out the trigger after a round has been fired I feel one click and then after another millimeter or so, another click. Unlike any of my other SIGS if I try to fire again after the first click nothing happens. It has to go the full travel to the second click to have the trigger fully reset.
Is this normal?
Was curious because its actually annoying if trying to follow up when used to the short reset trigger.
thanks

Posts: 779 | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Yes this is normal. The P210 has two stage trigger. The long reset is related to it. What you are experiencing was the idea about pistol shooting in the mid 40´s.

Between the SIG P210 and the SIGSauer (!) P220 is a design gap. There is no connection between the two designs.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I kept getting fooled as I would hear the first let out click and think I could just squeeze again and ...no bang. Disconcerting.
Guess it really isnt meant as a rapid shooting gun.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Get the P226, if you want to spray and pray. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. Already have a few if those

posted Hide Post
who the heck lets the trigger out slowly when in rapid fire. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
who the heck lets the trigger out slowly when in rapid fire. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Apparently, macfly does. Eek

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Sigh. Really?
Who reads two separate posts about using the trigger diffrently and draws that conclusion?
Wasnt this kind of useless need for derision on this forum in the old days.
If you go nack and read correctly you might see that I am simply noting that this trigger does not have the same short reset ‘one click’ as most other SIGS, making a DECISION to dire more rapidly more difficult.
Maybe trying to be helpful in your future posts would be more useful.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
Sigh. Really?
Who reads two separate posts about using the trigger diffrently and draws that conclusion?
Wasnt this kind of useless need for derision on this forum in the old days.
If you go nack and read correctly you might see that I am simply noting that this trigger does not have the same short reset ‘one click’ as most other SIGS, making a DECISION to dire more rapidly more difficult.
Maybe trying to be helpful in your future posts would be more useful.

Well, it's hard to be helpful, when it's difficult to understand the writings. Razz

But, seriously, take a chill pill, brother. Are you really that sensitive? Big Grin

Q

Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Lol. Sorry. My bad.
Been a rough day and then I opened this to see what at first felt like needless heckling. I can see how it might have just been friendly joking.
Yes. I dont tend to shoot fast slowly.
Was just confused by this trigger action compared to every other sig trigger I have used.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Well, you guys piqued my curiosity. Had to pull my Legend out of the safe. Never paid close attention before to the clicks I guess, just knew the trigger reset was not very short like a 1911, traditional S&W DA/SA, or DA/SA SIG with SRT,etc. Sure enough, resets on second click. So I decided to check my Swiss -6, and American P210A version, figuring they would be the same. Could only detect one click with these guns. I know my hearing has suffered the ravages of time, and perhaps that is the issue, but I could not detect two clicks with the Swiss and American guns. Just one click, where the trigger resets.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Thank you for checking. Interesting that it would only do this on the German variant.
Mainly I practice that as a way of making sure I am not just jerking or letting off the trigger too fast. So being used to the short reset after the dirst click and then going to pull back again for the next round and the trigger just stops but no bang... felt like something was wrong with my trigger.