SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Alien Gear ShapeShift holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alien Gear ShapeShift holsters Login/Join 
posted
A search didn't turn up much on this holster, which I found a little surprising? Anyone with experience? Appreciate any information.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to use the AG Cloak Tuck 3 and looked hard at the Shape Shift system. IMO, the holsters are too complicated and the plastic locking parts are not as good as the earlier versions. I also looked at the Cloak Tuck 3.5 that had the same plastic locking parts. To their credit, AG has great customer service and liberal refund policies.

I have since dropped AG in favor of Vedder Holsters.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
I used to use the AG Cloak Tuck 3 and looked hard at the Shape Shift system. IMO, the holsters are too complicated and the plastic locking parts are not as good as the earlier versions. I also looked at the Cloak Tuck 3.5 that had the same plastic locking parts. To their credit, AG has great customer service and liberal refund policies.

Thanks for the input!

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think they are being innovative, but there were just so many parts and things that could go wrong. I exchanged mine for a 2.0.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I don't have any holsters from them, but I did get some mag pouches. They are interesting in that you can mount them to IWB neoprene backers, belt clips, or a paddle, and they are really thin for fully adjustable pouches.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one for the Ruger LC9. I have both the IWB and ankle adapters for it.

So far, works well. I'd prefer it on the IWB if the lip behind the clips was a bit higher so that it would help hold the shirt when tucked.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A bit off-topic, but the video in the thread brought up a point. I don't do AIWB but the fellow in the vid describes the use of wedges with holsters to tilt the muzzle away from the body. Makes sense, but I'm more interested in its other effect in holding the grip of the gun closer to the body to further decrease the possibility of printing. I've seen foam kits for use on holsters that don't already come equipped with a wedge; anyone here use add-on wedges with their holsters? How does it work for you?

BTW, Alien Gear holsters get asked for A LOT at the shop. I have no prior experience with them, nor do we have any connection with their operation so those customers end up leaving disappointed. I did notice that they appear to be somewhat next door to WA in Idaho. Their marketing seems to be doing a pretty good job however, considering how much come-in-right-off-the-street interest I've seen.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fell for the allure of an inexpensive holster with alien gear once. I even did the IWB/OWB combo for less than IWB only from Comp-Tac. Well, what I got was two cheap holsters. Didn't save me any money, cuz I ended up buying the Comp-Tac anyway.

Will it hold a gun? Yes. The IWB probably even securely. Not so much the OWB POS. But the neoprene grabs clothing. I always wear an undershirt, so it's hard to put on, you gotta undo your pants, and when you bend or stretch, it's fighting between pulling the holster out and holding your shirt down. The neoprene makes you hot. It may keep the sweat away from the pistol, but I've never had a holster that made me sweat before the AG. And I kept having screws walking out. I know I could've done some loctite on them, but I just went back to the MTAC instead.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I fell for their garbage many years ago, and all I got was a cheap holster that didn't work all that well and ended up in my perpetual box of unused holsters.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:

The all-in-one & once size fits makes them too complicated & just not quite right for any one pistol.
The OWB does fit my P320 & SP2022 quite well - makes a good enough paddle holster.
Dropped almost $100 on them, won't be a repeat customer. Not unhappy, just not happy enough. should have trusted my instinct that if there wasn't a WOW review on Sigforum, move on.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post