SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 227 Carrry 1st Gen not 2nd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 227 Carrry 1st Gen not 2nd Login/Join 
posted
Looking at a used 227 regular carry model with rail in excellent condition. My question is, does this particular model have the SRT trigger installed from the factory? The reset seems short, but not quite as short as my 226 and 229 with SRT. Sig's website doesn't say either way. Hopefully someone may know if it does or doesn't.

Also, is $750 a good price for this in excellent condition?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Posts: 9 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
1st gen P227? They are all "1st gen". You are probably talking about the SAS Gen 2, which has to do with generations of SAS, and not the P227 itself. There are also SAS models in P220, P226, P229, and P239.

Original SAS was DAK gun, and has been discontinued for a while, now.
SAS Gen 2 is DA/SA gun.

About the P227, the Carry model is a compact, with rail, but has no SRT.
The Carry SAS Gen 2 P227 has the melt job, no rail, and does have the SRT.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have The 227 carry and I would highly recommend dropping in the srt, especially if you already have a sig with one. The 227 carry is my favorite 45 combat pistol, just an awesome shooter.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. So is $750 a fair price? I talked them down from $800 already.

Posts: 9 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a 227 SAS Gen 2 at Williams Gun Sight Thursday.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was that sas used or new?

posted Hide Post
Used but appears unfired. Two mags. No box or papers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid 500 plus tax for my 227 carry. since it was on closeout

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
1st gen P227? They are all "1st gen". You are probably talking about the SAS Gen 2, which has to do with generations of SAS, and not the P227 itself. There are also SAS models in P220, P226, P229, and P239.

Original SAS was DAK gun, and has been discontinued for a while, now.
SAS Gen 2 is DA/SA gun.

About the P227, the Carry model is a compact, with rail, but has no SRT.
The Carry SAS Gen 2 P227 has the melt job, no rail, and does have the SRT.

^This.

$750 seems like a decent price. You can always wait and watch and find a better deal if you want. I came across a SAS version a while back and had no patience. Paid 800 for it used in great condition with 6 mags (1 trash 14 rounder) and I have been pleased. Have seen them for less since but couldn't wait. Go for it.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally did pick it up. Very pleased to find out that the short reach trigger had been replaced with the standard "fatty" trigger and it has the SRT kit installed as well. I was planning on doing both anyhow. Can't wait to get some range time with it. It feels more akin to my 229 more than my 226.