SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG M17 Civilian arrive yet? (The Eagle Has Landed) Pics
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG M17 Civilian arrive yet? (The Eagle Has Landed) Pics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got one today . My shop just got a few in .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
My LGS just called and mine is in. I will be heading down after work to pick it up.

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the pic of the front page cover that Guns & Ammo will be releasing...ouch!! Surprised they did that. It’s on the Sig site.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
Did anyone see the pic of the front page cover that Guns & Ammo will be releasing...ouch!! Surprised they did that. It’s on the Sig site.

That's an old, old cover, actually, from right when the Army selected the P320.

Hell, I had it on the futon in my office. It's the September 2017 G&A issue.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I don't believe you have ever said anything positive about SIG. As a matter of fact, you always go out of your way to interject negatives about SIG in any post you can. You are not the only one. As far as the "Chosen One", they were as the MHS winner.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yeah, I got the same email about "The Chosen One". Roll Eyes

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
No chance yet to fire it yet, but interesting note in early handling. I placed my P320 compact slide group onto the M17 grip module and found that the trigger will not function. However, if I place the M17 slide onto my P320 grip module the trigger will function. Just an interesting note.

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I am going this afternoon to pick up my commemorative. Shall i fire it or not?

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:

If the reason for you buying the commemorative is that you think it will be an investment and increase in value due to the limited quantities made, then I suggest you don't shoot it. Look at it, keep it clean and oiled/greased for storage, and put it away. Pay particular attention to the condition of the box, paperwork, etc.

If you just like the looks a little better and are willing to spend the money to get it, then shoot it all you want.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:

If the reason for you buying the commemorative is that you think it will be an investment and increase in value due to the limited quantities made, then I suggest you don't shoot it. Look at it, keep it clean and oiled/greased for storage, and put it away. Pay particular attention to the condition of the box, paperwork, etc.

If you just like the looks a little better and are willing to spend the money to get it, then shoot it all you want.

Well spoken!

I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
It will be shot I don't have anything else unfired just wanted your opinion.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Well hell, went to one of the LGS’s today to pick up a couple 10rd Pmags for bench shooting and they had gotten in two of the civilian M17’s last night.

Checked out both and bought one. They had them for $699. Now the 72hr wait.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SRA:
quote:
quote:

Well spoken!

I'm very confused. What does ballroom dancing have to do with 320's?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No interest in the M17, but went the other way with several of the P320's in my safe, and put the x-grip frames on them. I spent some time at the range this afternoon, and quite like the x-grip frame. The P320 is a great pistol regardless of it's outer trappings, and I've yet to have a single malfunction in one.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My shop here in PA got a few of each , I opened one other box and gave the two a good look over , and picked the one I wanted , every thing looked good . I will wipe it down tonight , and I will shoot the crap out of it . 949.99 I took it home , they told me they are getting calls for the Comm gun and are told a lot of the gun shops were keeping them for there selves.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a 400 round session and not a single foul or error. ...and the trigger seems to be much smoother than my P320 compact.

Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well spoken!

That was my prior profession and I retired shortly after winning DWTS in 2010.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well spoken!

That was my prior profession and I retired shortly after winning DWTS in 2010.

I think he's confused since it's above your signature line. Got me too.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Geez, I didn't even notice the link until you guys pointed it out.

Hard for me to think of any polymer framed gun as a 'donchadareshoot' collectible.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I'm willing to setup a pool that this one isn't either.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
LGS called on the 28th that they received 2 of the M17 Commemorative units in, with my name on one.

I went down yesterday and picked it up.

Very cool, will look great next to my Green Box M9 and U Serial# P226 Navy.

Started the process for the challenge coin and COA last night.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post