SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P938 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P938 Legion Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
On my way to the range today I stopped by my LGS and lo and behold they had just received a P938 Legion, so of course I bought it. Took it straight to the range without disassembly or cleaning and ran 50 rnds Speer 124 TMJ and 21 rnds Federal 147 HST with no hiccups of any kind -- used all three mags that came with. I must say that the advance pictures don't do this pistol justice. Overall fit and finish is excellent, love the xray sights, the grips, and the magwell. Also, it has a nice trigger -- very slight takeup, clean break with minimal overtravel. Not sure about the weight but I would guess in the 6-61/2 lb. range. I have a P938 HD and a Kimber Micro 9 Raptor and I was able to shoot this P938 better than those two. For me, a good tight group at 21 feet two handed. If I had brought more ammo I would have kept shooting, it was really a pleasure to shoot. The only downside, and it's not a big deal, is the tight magazine release. It will probably improve with use but as new requires significant and deliberate pressure to actuate, impossible to do without shifting grip. But, then again this is not a Pistol that I expect will see a lot of tactical reloads .. The magwell is more cosmetic than functional and adds a bit of desired weight. Bottom line is I am very pleased with this acquisition and can recommend it to anyone so inclined. I paid $750 plus tax here in Missouri.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
...I have a P938 HD...

You have a 938HD? Do tell...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
DAMNIT! I love my 938, and that legion looks really nice...

As does the HD. Oh hell, I'll need to buy another SIG eventually.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

...As does the HD...

I love my 938 Extreme and think that Legion is cool as well, but what "HD" are you two talking about? This ASE, HD wanna' be?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...e-micro-compact.html

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The Extreme is the version I have now. The HD is an all stainless 938.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The HD is an all stainless 938.

No such animal, AFAIK. Fans of the all-stainless P238 HD have been yearning for a 938 version for years, but in vain so far, at least from what I can see in the catalog.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I notice in the description that the P938 Legion has a gray Cerakote finish. Is this what they're doing on all the Legion pistols now or are the others still a PVD finish?

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^ The Extreme is the version I have now. The HD is an all stainless 938.

Unfortunately, there is no 938 HD in existence. SIG does not offer an ALL STAINLESS 938. I know this, because I will be one of the first in line to buy one when they do! Wink

Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
The only thing that I'm not too crazy about is the different style magazine base pad to accommodate the magwell.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post