SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt Competition S/S 9mm 1911 government REPORT. With RANGE REPORT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Competition S/S 9mm 1911 government REPORT. With RANGE REPORT Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Any issues with ejection? I just bought a new Colt Governent in 9mm and the ejection was all over the place. They weren't dinging off of my head like with my recent Glock purchase but they basically went everywhere else. Left shoulder, right shoulder, straight up, tumbling out of the gun, etc... the extractor tension looks good. I shot both NATO 124gr ammo and standard 115gr range stuff with similar results.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Any issues with ejection? I just bought a new Colt Governent in 9mm and the ejection was all over the place. They weren't dinging off of my head like with my recent Glock purchase but they basically went everywhere else. Left shoulder, right shoulder, straight up, tumbling out of the gun, etc... the extractor tension looks good. I shot both NATO 124gr ammo and standard 115gr range stuff with similar results.

You've gotta stop holding the gun sideways like in the movies when you shoot it! Big Grin

None dinged me in the head, but now that you mention it, I have had a few that went in various directions.....some went mostly straight up, some up and to the left.....most straight to the right

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a lot of gun shops around here can not get a Colt 1911 unless they are in some kind of program . A lot of them said they would not join it and have to take guns they won"t sell.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a series 70 government model in .45 that pings me in the head once in a while. I hear it happens on pistols that don't have a lowered and flared ejection port. It's also brand new, so, who knows, maybe it's still breaking in as well. (I've got 400 rounds down the pipe)

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I found a lot of gun shops around here can not get a Colt 1911 unless they are in some kind of program . A lot of them said they would not join it and have to take guns they won"t sell.

I don't think that is the case, but I am not sure. I have a gun dealer buddy who only does ALL of the Florida gun shows (large warehouse, no store) and he orders certain ones only. Here, about half the dealers will stock Colt. I'm pretty sure the dealers order them through a distributor like Gallery of Guns or others, and order the ones they want.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:

As long as I am NOT shooting freedom munitions reman, mine ejects fine and pretty much in the same spot, and none to the head.

The 124gr. nato ejected just fine also.

And I was not even holding it sideways, in one hand and my junk in the other hand, and yelling at the target Razz

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5Qth5BPRk&t=96s

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
I usually start all new guns with Gold dots.

That's interesting.
Why do you start all new guns with Gold Dots?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post