SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 magazine availability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 magazine availability Login/Join 
posted
I've looked all over for P227 10 round mags and can't find any, even sig has then listed as out of stock on their site. Anyone know where a guy could pick a few up?

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
If you could find the base plates, these could be converted from 14rd to 10.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...tended-magazine.html

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can find the 14 round ones all over but no 10 round mags anywhere. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've looked all over for P227 10 round mags and can't find any, even sig has then listed as out of stock on their site. Anyone know where a guy could pick a few up

Post a WTB in the Classifieds of Sig Forum. Hope this helps.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's ridiculous that there is no aftermarket support for something as essential as the mag. And, the P227 is not just some obscure unpopular gun. Just unacceptable. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Did you look on any of the auction sites?

I just jumped over and see more than 20 of the 10 round magazines currently available.

Yes, some folks are asking more than MSRP, but others are not bad

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:

Sorry, that will not work.

That is not a +4 base plate on a 10 round magazine tube. The tubes are metal and full 14 rounds in length. That is simply a plastic sleeve for cosmetic purposes

BTW, the 10 round magazines can hold 11 and the 14 round magazines can hold 15 if you replace the tall locking plate with a flat one. Smile This is the same modification that folks have been doing to the P320 magazines

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
You can cut the ears off P320 mag bases and they will work, but they aren't pretty. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's ridiculous that there is no aftermarket support for something as essential as the mag. And, the P227 is not just some obscure unpopular gun. Just unacceptable. Roll Eyes

I agree! You can't even get replacement parts. Roll Eyes

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a quick search through a couple of our big wholesale companies and they don't have the 10rd mags either. GunBroker might be the option...

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I've looked all over for P227 10 round mags and can't find any, even sig has then listed as out of stock on their site. Anyone know where a guy could pick a few up

Post a WTB in the Classifieds of Sig Forum. Hope this helps.

Yep try posting an ad. I was able to score 3 10 rounders in the classifieds here not too long ago.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:

Sorry, that will not work.

That is not a +4 base plate on a 10 round magazine tube. The tubes are metal and full 14 rounds in length. That is simply a plastic sleeve for cosmetic purposes

BTW, the 10 round magazines can hold 11 and the 14 round magazines can hold 15 if you replace the tall locking plate with a flat one. Smile This is the same modification that folks have been doing to the P320 magazines

Thanks for setting me straight on that. Learn something everyday!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Lunchbox,
You do not have a E-mail address in your profile

I am in the process of moving and I just came across two NIP 227 magazines, I have half a dozen others that I use.

So if you still need these, send me an E-mail before I pack them to go to the new house.

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Lunchbox,
You do not have a E-mail address in your profile

I am in the process of moving and I just came across two NIP 227 magazines, I have half a dozen others that I use.

So if you still need these, send me an E-mail before I pack them to go to the new house.

Email sent

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Shoot Straight has 58 in stock @ $45/each

https://shoot-straight.com/pro...-p227-mag-227-45-10/

This place has 1 in stock for $39.95:

http://arnzenarms.com/product/...5-acp-10-round-black

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post