SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Brought home a new P320 today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought home a new P320 today Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
my own retinal issues have found considerable benefit to the 320Rx with factory night sights.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Oddly, this whole issue made me look into them. Now I want.

Funny, I did the same and stopped by the range and rented one on the way home Friday night. I might just have to get one.

I've been watching the classifieds and waiting for one to pop up for sale, but I'm still waiting for the celebs that were going to leave the Country if Trump was elected to leave too...

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I bought mine because I wanted to try one, and they are MA approved whereas Glock is not. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rack on the way out??? I have not been exposed to that technique. Is theer an advantage? Seems counter intuitive to me ...no offense intended.

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
After seeing the video posted in the mega-thread about the voluntary upgrade program, I did go ahead and sign up my new P320 for it this morning. Knowing that there are slide modifications too made me concerned that without the upgrade, it could possibly limit my ability to buy compatible parts down the road. This is just an assumption on my part and I could be wrong, but since I just got it, don't carry it yet and have plenty of other guns in the safe to carry and shoot in the meantime, I'm fine with sending it off for 4 - 6 weeks to have it upgraded, just to be safe. I'm also going to hold off on buying extra mags, a holster and upgrading the sights until after I get it back, just because spending money on accessories for a gun I won't use other than maybe one more range trip in the next few months seems silly.

All that being said, I do not regret my decision to go ahead and buy this one. I got it at a great price, in the exact configuration I was wanting and it shot like a dream.

I did notice when looking at it closer that is has a #6 front sight, but is 9mm so that may be why it was shooting low. I may ask Sig to fix that while they have it, but not sure since I plan on upgrading to tritium sights shortly after I get it back and will get a #8/#8 set of sights then anyway. The only advantage would be to have the proper contrast sights in the spare parts bin which isn't really a big deal.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
Congratulations Frogger! You won't regret it. I have had the p320C in 9 and one in .40 since early '15 and I have no problems. They are both a joy to shoot. Two weeks ago I bought the .45 in black compact...same thing, a joy to shoot. There is some concern over the drop-safety of late, but it will never affect me since I have been caring for many years, never with a bean down the pipe.
Enjoy yours!

"Bean down the pipe..."

I like that.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I bought mine because I wanted to try one, and they are MA approved whereas Glock is not. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

you have an MA approved one? How is the thumb safety? I was actually looking at buying a thumb safety model from Top gun supply before the whole drop safe fiasco hit.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my 2 and not worried about the safety issue they are talking about.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 454gun:
I like my 2 and not worried about the safety issue they are talking about.

My thoughts exactly. My 320C is loaded with 9+1 of 230 grain Golden Sabers at all times.

In a few months I will buy a compact 9mm to go with my 45.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My Carry, converted to Compact P320 came with a #6 front, #8 rear, when I added Trijicon HD's I used the 8-8 set up and much prefer that sight picture rather than covering the X.

I also have a couple of 17 round mags that only hold 16, I've had them for many months loaded them up, down, played with the springs, let them set with 16 and 8 rounds loaded, still they won't budge on taking that 17th round, not even close.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frogger:
Back home from the range. Overall, I love it. Best trigger I've ever felt on a polymer gun. Fired 150 rounds of Blazer Brass with zero malfunctions. Only a few of minor gripes.

No guts no glory. Smile Great price. Mine is one of the best shooting guns I have. Owned it since Jan 2015.

Suggestions:

1. Shoots pretty low for me.

*** Make sure you have a high, firm grip. Web up tight against the beavertail. Unlike most of my own pistols, the P320 has a "natural" location for the hand. Unfortunately, it's slightly below the proper location. It feels comfortable there because of the grip contour. Try firmly seating the gun in your hand and see what happens. Worked for me. Finally, run it off a rest to make sure.***

2. Ejects back at me.

*** Who know until it's broken in? Could also be related to the grip issue. Or related to ammo. See if it happens with another brand/type of ammo. ***

3. On one occasion, one of the mags would not let me feed the 15th round.

*** Try the standard hi-cap mag trick. Load to full capacity and leave for a week or two. It will loosen the spring up to ensure easier loading and proper functioning. Worked on my Glocks and P320. FWIW, Larry Vickers recommends downloading one round with Glocks, both the one in the gun and spares. He views it as insurance.

Enjoy.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

you have an MA approved one? How is the thumb safety? I was actually looking at buying a thumb safety model from Top gun supply before the whole drop safe fiasco hit.

Just bought an MS model, put about three hundred rounds through it. My perceptions:

Thumb safety on the P320 is one of the better executed ones on polymer pistols. It is well shaped, well located, and the detents are both audible and tactile without feeling stiff or requiring too much pressure. It doesn't flop off safe or on just by touching it, and I can lay my thumb on it without disengaging it, but the second I decide to go on or off safe the lever moves. I either rode the safety or was flicking it off and on for controlled pair drills for the entire session. At no point was it uncomfortable or did it even start to chew up my thumbs, as has happened on some overly stiff or poorly cut/finished 1911 safeties.

The pistol really does feel like a lighter, girthier 1911 when you ride the grip safety in that manner, and doing so enforces a very high grip that in my opinion completely changes the recoil characteristics of the pistol. I like this setup so much I'm driving to the gun shop today to put in an order for a second one.

Edit to add: some have raised concerns over the proximity of the slide lock lever and the thumb safety, and that perhaps riding the thumb safety could cause the slide to fail to lock to the rear on an empty magazine. Rough math says three hundred rounds is 20 magazines, I ran them all to slide lock while riding the safety, the slide locked back every time. So my medium-large hands do not seem to induce that failure.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post