SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Brought home a new P320 today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought home a new P320 today Login/Join 
Picture of frogger
posted
I had been planning to wait a while to see how this voluntary upgrade that Sig is offering shook out before buying a P320, but I walked into my LGS today and they were having a sale on all Sig Pistols. Picked up a P320C-9-T-FDE for $458.88 + tax. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass on. I'm heading to the range in a couple of hours to put about 150 rounds through it and then I'll see what Sig has to say on Monday to decide if it will go in for the voluntary upgrade or not. The one draw back to this particular model is it only came with contrast sights. Once it comes back from Sig (assuming I decide to send it), what night sights would you guys recommend? I've tried XS 24/7 sights before and did not care for them so looking for other suggestions.

I'll post pictures and a range report later tonight when I get home. The trigger feels great so I have high hopes this one is a keeper.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Congrats Frogger! Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Very nice! What does the "T" mean in the item number?

I bought the ODG one a few years ago, I enjoy it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would see what their update may be and get them to put night sights on it . I also looked at a new 320 Carry in 40 cal had the newest frame with the safe cutout plug but no safe and had a good trigger . but I have a 320 full size in 9 and a L/E package 320 compact in 9 so I left with out it . late build date and all updates that I could see .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Very nice! What does the "T" mean in the item number?

I bought the ODG one a few years ago, I enjoy it.

Two-Tone. The one I got has a black slide, but an FDE grip frame.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Thanks. My ODG is the same way. I prefer the black slide with the colored grip.

Nice pick up.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I like SIG's XRAY-3 sights, even better with a SIG TFO front.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I broke weak on a Tacops last week. I really like these guns. I am also inordinately fond of the 250, and have a couple.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
Back home from the range. Overall, I love it. Best trigger I've ever felt on a polymer gun. Fired 150 rounds of Blazer Brass with zero malfunctions. Only a few of minor gripes.

1. Shoots pretty low for me. To get the group in the picture, I was covering the entire black area of the target with the sights.

2. Ejects back at me. A lot of brass kept hitting my right bicep. It did seem to get better as the range session went on, or maybe I just got used to it. Not sure.

3. On one occasion, one of the mags would not let me feed the 15th round. It isn't that it was tight. It was that it behaved as if it already had 15 in it, and in fact, I could see a round through the 15 witness hole on the mag, but I had one round left in the row of 5. Odd, but it only happened once and the mag fed perfectly.

I definitely think it is a keeper. I'll be picking up some extra mags and add night sights soon.

••••••••••••••••••••

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I really like my P320F .45 ACP, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Frogger! You won't regret it. I have had the p320C in 9 and one in .40 since early '15 and I have no problems. They are both a joy to shoot. Two weeks ago I bought the .45 in black compact...same thing, a joy to shoot. There is some concern over the drop-safety of late, but it will never affect me since I have been caring for many years, never with a bean down the pipe.
Enjoy yours!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good price on your P320. I love my two.

Gregg
Desert Storm Veteran
P320/TB/SNS/9mm
P320/FDE/NS/9mm

Posts: 6 | Location: DFW , Texas | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
There is some concern over the drop-safety of late, but it will never affect me since I have been caring for many years, never with a bean down the pipe. Enjoy yours!

You carry without having a round chambered?

Nice looking 320 frogger!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Covering the black is Sig's sight picture. If you send it back ask Sig to throw on a set of night sights. It's there anyway. See what number sights you have. I use 8/8 to get a better sight picture. More of a 6 o'clock hold
That's on my m11. I don't own a 320

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
In the past few years my eyesight has went down a bit. I can't really see post and notch of the sights anymore with my corrective lenses on. I used to like Truglo TFO but the durability concerned me. Enter the Truglo TFX. These sights work in more lighting conditions than any other I tried.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Congrats on the new P320!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Oddly, this whole issue made me look into them. Now I want.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
There is some concern over the drop-safety of late, but it will never affect me since I have been caring for many years, never with a bean down the pipe. Enjoy yours!

You carry without having a round chambered?

Nice looking 320 frogger!

Yes I do. I trained that way.i rack on the way out.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I've really enjoyed mine. Waiting to get it retrofitted before I can carry it for work again tho'...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post