Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PPQ or VP9 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a PPQ M1 and a VP9. I like them both. The PPQ has the better trigger but not by much. The VP9 has a very nice trigger too but it's got more creep in it than the PPQ. As for takedown, if you can field strip a Glock the PPQ is about the same. It's pretty simple. The VP9 has a takedown lever where the PPQ has a ... don't know what they call it but it's like a Glock only bigger and easier to manipulate than a Glock (and I like Glocks so I'm not complaining).

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I just received this PPQ M2 Q5 yesterday (bought it from "Bud's" at a very reasonable price of about $650.00 with free shipping) and put about 100 rounds through it last night. Its a great shooter and an excellent choice for those who carry a PPS M2 or PPQ 4" for defensive purposes. The trigger is outstanding and with a full length steel recoil spring guide, there's very little muzzle rise during rapid fire. I'm very happy with this pistol and would recommend one to anyone inclined (as I am) to shoot matches with a pistol similar to their EDC.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My preference is for the Walther PPQ 'Classic' aka, the PPQ M1. Both the VP9 and PPQ are very comfortable in the hand, but the PPQ is more graceful overall. The trigger is very nice. The PPQ is a lineal descendant of the Walther P99 and can considered a fourth generation P99. You can actually swap top ends between the P99 and PPQ.

If you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of it, try this informative read: Case Study – PPQ VS VP9 Trigger

This is interesting. Referring to the VP9 trigger, the author states:
quote:
This whole design strikes me as someone who wish to derive a hammer firing pistol’s design through a striker system. The funny thing is, newer HK hammer firing pistols such as the P30 actually breaks that tradition and taking the sear engagement surface away from the hammer. Unless Walther holds a patent with how their sear works (update: they do), it’s odd that HK would go with this design.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post