SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Plus 1 Kits??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Plus 1 Kits?? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if the P239 Plus 1 Kit, pinky extension for .357 / .40 magazine, is available from any suppliers? Thanks for your help!

Posts: 1244 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
If my memory is correct I think I got mine at Top Gun Supply several years ago.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...zine-plus-1-kit.html

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I was going to say Top Gun but I see they are out. If you can't find the adapters, you can try Top Gun's St. Augustine Florida store for the mags with the adapters on them. I have 7 that I bought from them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tcfiero,

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use the e-mail notification feature. Items come in and out of stock all the time.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Most sellers were out the other week so I found one on Ebay to try. I haven't run a lot of rounds through it but so far things seem ok.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got ten of them. Seven for my P239 .40 mags and three I use on 9mm mags. I have a 9mm barrel for the gun and shoot both calibers. All of them are reliable.

Did I say 9 mm? Yes. The Plus 1 kit is officially recommended for ONLY the .40 mags, no mention of nines. The nines work just fine though. In addition, the .40 mags work using 9mm ammo. Go figure.

Besides the extra round, the grip (base plate) is much more comfortable than the original hooked base plates. They originals used to jam my middle finger up into the rear of the trigger guard when shooting. That was the reason I got them in the first place...the extra round was a bonus.

Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
These were a special run by Sig several years ago. They sent them all to us and we are sold out. I can't see a path for us to get these again. Sorry...

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I notice your Web site now lists them as "Discontinued" rather than just Out of Stock.

It's unfortunate they are no longer on the market. As I mentioned above, the prime virtue for me was they solved the middle finger crowding problem. It was painful and I could only fire about 50 rounds before the pain became too much.

Fortunately, I bought a large stash from TGS a couple of years ago.

Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
These were a special run by Sig several years ago. They sent them all to us and we are sold out. I can't see a path for us to get these again. Sorry...

Do you know if the St Augustine location still has some of the mags with the kits? I bought 7 of them.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcfiero:
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:

Do you know if the St Augustine location still has some of the mags with the kits? I bought 7 of them.

Honestly, I am not sure. It would be best if you called them before you made the trek down to St. Augustine. (904) 615-1661

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was recently at the Florida store and they did have a few handfuls of the magazines left.

Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Galloway Precision is selling a +1 mag extension for the P239.

Galloway P239 +1

I bought three of them and my initial impression is that they will work just fine. But they only add +1 capability for the .357 Sig and the .40 -- not the 9mm. Galloway's web site says they will have +1 extenders for the 9mm magazines later.

(I have no connection with Galloway Precision).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RoverSig,

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 2. They have 47 left.

"In The Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King."

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered two as well.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^
Can you guys report back on these? I was hesitant because they are not the "special run by Sig", but rather of their own design.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The Galloway +1 extenders work with .357 Sig and .40 only. Added February 4th, 2018: Galloway now has +1 extenders for both 9mm and .40/.357 Sig. There is a slight difference between the two and the .40/.357 Sig +1 variant will not work for 9mm. You have to order the right one for the caliber of your P239. (It's counter-intuitive, because a 9mm round is smaller in circumference than a .40 round, but the problem is that seven .40 rounds leaves a bit more room in the stack than does eight 9mm rounds, before that +1 is added).

I asked Galloway how robust they are and if they intend to keep making them. I got this reply from their Lead Gunsmith: "The material is 1.5 times stronger than aluminum so no worries with breakage. We will continue to produce the extensions as long as the demand for them is there, which I don't see going away anytime soon."

I bought three. The fit is tight, but it works. My initial impression is that it is a good product for a reasonable price ($10 on sale).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RoverSig,

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
I got mine and I'm sorry to say I can't use them with the Hoque wraparound grips. The mag doesn't seat. Those grips are perfect for me and I never in over 1000 rds had any failures until I tried the extensions. I could probably grind them down to seat properly but one failure is one too many in a defensive pistol. They would work fine with factory grips as I understand.

"In The Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King."

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigdigger:
Does anyone know if the P239 Plus 1 Kit, pinky extension for .357 / .40 magazine, is available from any suppliers? Thanks for your help!

https://gallowayprecision.com/...or-sig-p239-pistols/

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunkist:
I got mine and I'm sorry to say I can't use them with the Hoque wraparound grips. The mag doesn't seat. Those grips are perfect for me and I never in over 1000 rds had any failures until I tried the extensions. I could probably grind them down to seat properly but one failure is one too many in a defensive pistol. They would work fine with factory grips as I understand.

Thanks, as I also have the Hogue wraparound grips.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post