SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    92FS is back from CCR...........Let's see your CCR goodness......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92FS is back from CCR...........Let's see your CCR goodness...... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
A few years ago, there was only one company doing that work on the Beretta, as I recall (re-lamping the sights on the Beretta). I have several in m y safe that need the work. I spoke to someone from that company a few years ago, but can't remember who it was.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Very nice work. I do like the contrasting barrel. Convert it to a G and give it a WC trigger job and it'll be near perfecto. If you want honest-to-goodness night sights, Trijicon should be able to retube that front and sell you a new rear.

It's only money... Wink

For only $20 a lamp, Trijicon will relamp the rear and front sight, and ship it back to you. For a grand total of $60 plus shipping the slide to them, it's a great deal. I've had three pistols done like that.

Apparently, under some "new" law/regulation, they cannot/will not re-lamp fixed sights as on the Beretta 92FS. They say they are looking for alternatives, but nothing available at this time.

From Trijicon's website:

Tritium is a radioactive isotope that is regulated by the U.S. NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). In accordance with Trijicon’s radiation safety program and ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) contamination / exposure principles, we will not perform tritium source installation into firearms or pistol slides with integral fixed sights. This is intended to protect our customers from the potential situation in which a source could become broken and not be repairable / returnable. We are actively looking into alternative solutions for this need.

If you have a firearm with a non-removable sight that requires repair, or have other questions, please contact Trijicon’s Technical Support with any questions by calling toll free at 1-800-338-0563, or 1-248-960-7700.

They re-lamped the night sights on my 92FS two months ago. They will not install sights on a pistol that is not already drilled out for the front tritium vial, but they will replace the vials on a pistol that has old night sights that are not completely dead.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord Vaalic, what grips are those on the 92? They look really sharp(in a good way).

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
They re-lamped the night sights on my 92FS two months ago. They will not install sights on a pistol that is not already drilled out for the front tritium vial, but they will replace the vials on a pistol that has old night sights that are not completely dead.

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that my night sights were completely dead.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
A few years ago, there was only one company doing that work on the Beretta, as I recall (re-lamping the sights on the Beretta). I have several in m y safe that need the work. I spoke to someone from that company a few years ago, but can't remember who it was.

Thanks.

I'm not sure that's who I was talking to; the sights at tooltech look taller, and the outfit I talked to spoke about drilling out the existing site to put tritium there, or re-lamp the front sight.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that my night sights were completely dead.

Sorry about that, please excuse my overlooking that one.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post