SIGforum
92FS is back from CCR...........Let's see your CCR goodness......

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5820068834

March 10, 2018, 07:37 AM
Bigboreshooter
92FS is back from CCR...........Let's see your CCR goodness......
Just got my LEO trade-in 92FS back from CCR, where it got the Cera-Hide Tritanium treatment. Like many LEO guns, the finish was bad, but the internals were good. It is now re-born, thanks to CCR.

Before:

After:

Let's see your CCR goodness!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigboreshooter,

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 10, 2018, 08:38 AM
Excam_Man
They sure do some nice work!

March 10, 2018, 08:47 AM
lcbjr77
Wow...night and day... Looks beautiful!

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

March 10, 2018, 09:14 AM
SigFan
Holy crap! That's awesome! Like turning Rosie O'Donnell into Gal Gadot. Eek

I haven't had anything refinished, but those are persuasive pix...they do great work by all the pics I've seen posted on this forum and their site.

That Beretta of yours looks like a brand new gun.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
March 10, 2018, 10:19 AM
patw
That looks nice. I thought about doing a mock M9A3 color scheme on mine eventually. What did they do about/prep your front night sight?
March 10, 2018, 10:41 AM
inspcalahan
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Like turning Rosie O'Donnell into Gal Gadot. Eek

That's impossible. That beast could never be made into a woman. Let's try and keep it real. What the OP did was within the realm of reality. Sorcery wasn't involved. Cool

That said - it turned out really nice! Congrats on the new outfit for a classic pistol.
March 10, 2018, 10:43 AM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
That looks nice. I thought about doing a mock M9A3 color scheme on mine eventually. What did they do about/prep your front night sight?

The gun was made in 2005, so the night sights are completely dead. CCR just painted white dots on them.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

March 10, 2018, 11:19 AM
soggy_spinout
Very nice work. I do like the contrasting barrel. Convert it to a G and give it a WC trigger job and it'll be near perfecto. If you want honest-to-goodness night sights, Trijicon should be able to retube that front and sell you a new rear.

It's only money... Wink
March 10, 2018, 11:34 AM
xanth
Wow, nice looking Beretta!
March 10, 2018, 01:48 PM
retpd
CCR does great work.

They did my 1979 92S in their house/satin black finish.

March 10, 2018, 02:19 PM
Chowser
Glock slide in CPII
P228 in CPII/Nikote

Here’s the before pic of the P228

Not minority enough!
March 10, 2018, 04:27 PM
Warhorse
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Very nice work. I do like the contrasting barrel. Convert it to a G and give it a WC trigger job and it'll be near perfecto. If you want honest-to-goodness night sights, Trijicon should be able to retube that front and sell you a new rear.

It's only money... Wink

For only $20 a lamp, Trijicon will relamp the rear and front sight, and ship it back to you. For a grand total of $60 plus shipping the slide to them, it's a great deal. I've had three pistols done like that.

March 10, 2018, 06:27 PM
David Lee
That is some beautiful work and it could pass for a whole different gun. Yours is a beauty too retpd.
March 10, 2018, 07:21 PM
Sunset_Va
To the OP, your pistol looks nice. The colors worked our well. Just not imagining a Beretta in that color.

美しい犬
March 10, 2018, 10:01 PM
JBird679
Copied my testimonial from their last sale thread. They have made me a believer...

I sent CCR the slide and barrel from one of those old Beretta 92s Italian Police surplus guns. I was all in it for $260 and the finish was quite worn, but it shoots fine so I figured why not.

Well now the damn slide looks so good, I've gotta get the frame done AND get some new grips! They very much exceeded my expectations. Deal with confidence folks! Two weeks door to door, and I am just blown away with the quality.

P.S.- Somehow I forgot to take a "before" pic. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for that, but take my word for it - it was heavily worn - much more so than the frame is.

March 11, 2018, 06:52 AM
45 Cal
Wow that sure is a beauty now.
March 11, 2018, 11:13 PM
Lord Vaalic

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

It's only money... Wink

For only $20 a lamp, Trijicon will relamp the rear and front sight, and ship it back to you. For a grand total of $60 plus shipping the slide to them, it's a great deal. I've had three pistols done like that.

Apparently, under some "new" law/regulation, they cannot/will not re-lamp fixed sights as on the Beretta 92FS. They say they are looking for alternatives, but nothing available at this time.

From Trijicon's website:

Tritium is a radioactive isotope that is regulated by the U.S. NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). In accordance with Trijicon’s radiation safety program and ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) contamination / exposure principles, we will not perform tritium source installation into firearms or pistol slides with integral fixed sights. This is intended to protect our customers from the potential situation in which a source could become broken and not be repairable / returnable. We are actively looking into alternative solutions for this need.

If you have a firearm with a non-removable sight that requires repair, or have other questions, please contact Trijicon’s Technical Support with any questions by calling toll free at 1-800-338-0563, or 1-248-960-7700.

March 12, 2018, 10:30 AM
sns3guppy
A few years ago, there was only one company doing that work on the Beretta, as I recall (re-lamping the sights on the Beretta). I have several in m y safe that need the work. I spoke to someone from that company a few years ago, but can't remember who it was.
March 12, 2018, 10:47 AM
David Lee
Lord Vaalic, your 2 Sigs are beautiful. Love the colors.