SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock gen 5 Trijicon HD's XR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock gen 5 Trijicon HD's XR Login/Join 
posted
I had questions about fitting a set of Trijicon XD's XR on a G26 gen 5 so I called Trijicon, since gen 5 Glock's come with different height I just want to make sure there was no POI issues. I was told that the XR's may not fit the gen 5 Glocks as the front hole may be to big for the front sight, is this something that sound logic?. Any of you with gen 5 Glocks have any fitting issues with XR's on your gun?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I had questions about fitting a set of Trijicon XD's XR on a G26 gen 5 so I called Trijicon, since gen 5 Glock's come with different height I just want to make sure there was no POI issues. I was told that the XR's may not fit the gen 5 Glocks as the front hole may be to big for the front sight, is this something that sound logic?. Any of you with gen 5 Glocks have any fitting issues with XR's on your gun?

Can’t speak exactly to the XR’s but I do have regular HD’s on a Gen 5 26 - no issues.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve moved Ameriglos from my Gen4 to my Gen5, no issues.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Trijicon HD XR sights put on my Glock 45. No problems.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put orange-front Trijicon HD XR sights on my G19X, no problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Also had a set of HD XR installed on my G45. No problem.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called Glock CS regarding sight options for my Gen 5 G34 MOS, and they told me that the Gen 5s utilized the same dovetail size cutout on the rear and the front cutout window remains unchanged, so sight compatibility with earlier generations wasn't an issue.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There are POA/POI issues with the HDs on the Gen5. But much like the Gen4s, you really do not see it rear it’s head until 18-20 yards. The gun then starts to hit high. At 25, most hit 1.5-2 inches high.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
There are POA/POI issues with the HDs on the Gen5. But much like the Gen4s, you really do not see it rear it’s head until 18-20 yards. The gun then starts to hit high. At 25, most hit 1.5-2 inches high.

This.

There are better options out there. A Heine ledge rear paired with an Ameriglo .230 high, .125 wide Proglo. This combo hits perfect at 25 yards and the .156 rear notch of the Heine is a much better match for thinner .125 front sights.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
There are better options out there. A Heine ledge rear paired with an Ameriglo .230 high, .125 wide Proglo. This combo hits perfect at 25 yards and the .156 rear notch of the Heine is a much better match for thinner .125 front sights.

Is there any difference for targets 10 yards and under with this combo?

Also, I couldn't find the .230 height on Ameriglo's site. They have 220 and 240.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I called Glock CS regarding sight options for my Gen 5 G34 MOS, and they told me that the Gen 5s utilized the same dovetail size cutout on the rear and the front cutout window remains unchanged, so sight compatibility with earlier generations wasn't an issue.

It's the height difference of Gen 5 vs other gens.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

Also, I couldn't find the .230 height on Ameriglo's site. They have 220 and 240.

The .230 Ameriglo is available from Wilson:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/W...roductinfo/892GT230/

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had HD's in the past and was looking to get another set, the one thing I didn't like is that the rear sight has sharp corners and dig into ms when I carry IWB, just checked out some Ameriglo bold on a G45 and I like the round corners of the rear sight much better. Brownells has what is called the Agent set and it's very much like the original HD's with also rounds corners on the rear sight, I'm getting a G45 at a great price with Ameriglo bold and going to change the front sight to a .125 green front as that the kind of set up I had but this time with a thinner front.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

The .230 Ameriglo is available from Wilson:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/W...roductinfo/892GT230/

Thanks again.
I contacted Heinie, and they said they typically would use a .235 front with their rear sight for gen 5s.
Since they don't offer a fluorescent night sight, the .230 Ameriglo would be the best option.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I had HD's in the past and was looking to get another set, the one thing I didn't like is that the rear sight has sharp corners and dig into ms when I carry IWB, just checked out some Ameriglo bold on a G45 and I like the round corners of the rear sight much better. Brownells has what is called the Agent set and it's very much like the original HD's with also rounds corners on the rear sight, I'm getting a G45 at a great price with Ameriglo bold and going to change the front sight to a .125 green front as that the kind of set up I had but this time with a thinner front.

I have the HD, Ameriglo Agents, Warren Tactical, and found them all to be too sharp for me.

The Agents were less sharp, but the top edge along with the serrations were just sharp enough to jab me in the gut when I sit down. I carry appendix, so the top of the slide rubs up on my stomach just enough that any rear sight that is flush to the rear slide cover, would irritate.

I've settled on the Heinie Ledge. The rear sight is slanted forward rather than backwards and the corners are round.