SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Surplus Purchase...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Surplus Purchase... Login/Join 
posted
Greetings guys... New blood here. I am forward deployed right now but really wanted to grab one of those turn in M17's that just got released. Thankfully i was able to snatch 2 and my pops grabbed 2 also. Unfortunately I wont have hands on them until I get back stateside later this year, but I am stoked. Anyone else able to grab any? Verified the serial prefix is same as the pistols in our armory, so that makes me smile to know they share the same prefixs as current ones out there. Excited to see what some people end up getting, they lokog great in the auction pics I have been following. Seems they are going for about 1400-1500 on GB, but saw 2 go for almost 2K. ALso saw a sequential serial numbered pair go for $6k. (#21 and #22).

I am kinda new to sig pistols as I only have one other, a minty Sig P6.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out my post in the M17 surplus thread. I linked some pictures, too.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9430024464/p/3

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Appears they are going to end up near the M11B's territory, price wise.

Wonder how many of these were actually released. Probably more than 100. Current active GB listings alone show 24 samples.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Between 3 and 4 thousand are being sold. I am told that the number is closer to 3000.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my 4 M17's yesterday. Im happy Smile

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your M17 and welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thanks for your service!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your dad, these things are becoming impossible to buy at normal prices

Posts: 116 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only SIG shooters balk at the M17 Surplus prices. Perhaps because one can buy P320s for much, much cheaper. But collectors recognize the inherent investment value in these pistols. Count me in!

Tim

"Very well then. Carry on." -Para

Posts: 1685 | Location: The Land of the Free! | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Welcome and congrats on your investment! I love owning and shooting the same model firearms with my sons.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, would $800 be a good investment for one?

Posts: 86 | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think it's way to early to talk about these as an investment.
Right now I would call it speculation, unless you are selling it right now.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it's way to early to talk about these as an investment.
Right now I would call it speculation, unless you are selling it right now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There are better investments than guns. It is true that there always seem to be a market but it is subject to supply and demand like anything else. The controversy concerning the value of the original Pythons is a good example.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me rephrase that. I actually didn’t mean as something to resell, I don’t really sell guns once acquired. Is $800 a good price to purchase one of these weapons? I do not own a 320, and this would seem to be a cool one to have. I am a shooter and “acquirer” not a seller, lol. Just ask my wife.

Posts: 86 | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can get one for $800 BUY IT! Can’t go wrong.

I would buy, and have bought, an M17 Surplus for way more than that and feel that it is money well spent, especially if you value what this pistol is.

Tim

"Very well then. Carry on." -Para

Posts: 1685 | Location: The Land of the Free! | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
OP, you or your pops get #002496?

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
negative... nothing in the 24xx range

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Highlander:
Let me rephrase that. I actually didn’t mean as something to resell, I don’t really sell guns once acquired. Is $800 a good price to purchase one of these weapons? I do not own a 320, and this would seem to be a cool one to have. I am a shooter and “acquirer” not a seller, lol. Just ask my wife.

I'm in the same boat. I bought one for $695 + tax, but plan on shooting it. When you see its condition you'll understand why I'm not concerned Smile

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
An investment in shooting fun is still a good investment! SmileSmileSmile

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up two from Jefferson Gun. For you all in the Metairie area they have two in stock for $799.00!

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post