SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365X ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365X ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
I'm sure the P365 thread have been beaten to death. However, the one I haven't been able to find is swapping the long slide from the XL onto the regular 365. Has anyone done this for a concealed carry gun? If so, how was it for carrying IWB? Was there much improvement over the regular XL?

I'm considering this because the XL has:
-Red dot compatible (not sure I'm going this way, but figure to save some money just in case)
-flat trigger (haven't tried it yet, but 1000's of keyboard warriors can't be wrong)
-longer barrel should help hold it in the holster (that's been my experience with baby glocks vs midsized glocks)

And the P365 has a shorter grip which should make it easier to conceal. But wondering what others had found.

Thanks!

What is great about the modular handgun is that common folk like us, can accomplish this with little fuss. I want nothing off the XL except the longer grip (and matching mags), and you want nothing off the “standard”(?) 365 except the shorter frame and mags. Since none of those are serialed/controlled by GCA, you could just buy an XL, remove the grip, box it with the mags and mail it to someone, like me, who was interested in trading even up. No gun dealer necessary...

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
I'm sure the P365 thread have been beaten to death. However, the one I haven't been able to find is swapping the long slide from the XL onto the regular 365. Has anyone done this for a concealed carry gun? If so, how was it for carrying IWB? Was there much improvement over the regular XL?

I'm considering this because the XL has:
-Red dot compatible (not sure I'm going this way, but figure to save some money just in case)
-flat trigger (haven't tried it yet, but 1000's of keyboard warriors can't be wrong)
-longer barrel should help hold it in the holster (that's been my experience with baby glocks vs midsized glocks)

And the P365 has a shorter grip which should make it easier to conceal. But wondering what others had found.

Thanks!

What is great about the modular handgun is that common folk like us, can accomplish this with little fuss. I want nothing off the XL except the longer grip (and matching mags), and you want nothing off the “standard”(?) 365 except the shorter frame and mags. Since none of those are serialed/controlled by GCA, you could just buy an XL, remove the grip, box it with the mags and mail it to someone, like me, who was interested in trading even up. No gun dealer necessary...

Lets see if I survive buying the 365 today. Smile I am looking at buying the XL and selling off the grip and mags. Keep the trigger for spares or something. I bought the manual safety 365 because that is the platform I want to start building from.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Covert Carry - This is my every day carry that I set up about 2 months ago - my 365X.

After purchasing the complete lower I put 240 more FLAWLESS rounds through this pistol set up you see below (previous round count with the standard P365 upper and lower was in the low 800's round count). Bought four 12 round mag bases from SIG for $5.00 a piece and replaced the base plates on my P365 12 round extended mags.....All cycle perfectly and can hold 12 rounds without any issues....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Since you put the dot sight on, have you done any accuracy testing, off of sandbags, to see just how accurate it is?

I haven't done a formal test, but I suspect it would produce approximately 2" groups. I base this upon the results I obtained with the lima365 which was on the pistol before I went with the RMSc. Those tests were done at 25 yards using a rest.

Do you mind me asking why you removed the laser?
I have lasers on most of my carry guns.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Covert Carry - This is my every day carry that I set up about 2 months ago - my 365X.

After purchasing the complete lower I put 240 more FLAWLESS rounds through this pistol set up you see below (previous round count with the standard P365 upper and lower was in the low 800's round count). Bought four 12 round mag bases from SIG for $5.00 a piece and replaced the base plates on my P365 12 round extended mags.....All cycle perfectly and can hold 12 rounds without any issues....Mark

That's a nice setup. I prefer the longer slide though. Perhaps what I build should be called a P365L.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
Since you put the dot sight on, have you done any accuracy testing, off of sandbags, to see just how accurate it is?

I haven't done a formal test, but I suspect it would produce approximately 2" groups. I base this upon the results I obtained with the lima365 which was on the pistol before I went with the RMSc. Those tests were done at 25 yards using a rest.

Do you mind me asking why you removed the laser?
I have lasers on most of my carry guns.

With a target in bright sunlight, the useful distance of the laser was about 10- 12 yards. On an overcast day, the laser is good to about 25 yards.

Some will say for a sub-compact defensive pistol you shouldn't be trying to shoot beyond 10- 15 yards. But to qualify, I have to shoot from 7 - 25 yards. The RMSc fills that role perfectly for me and my eyes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post