SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MANURHIN MODEL 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MANURHIN MODEL 88 Login/Join 
posted
I bought this model 88 some time ago. It is a French police surplus gun. The frame is based on Ruger Security Six/Speed Six/Police Six frame.
The fire control group does not drop out the bottom but the gun has a side plate.
These is a stud in the frame that the yoke closes over.
The grips are Traush and are ugly but after shooting the gun they fell great. The ridge on the top keeps your hand from moving and makes follow up shots easier.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The MR88 is cool. I own a MR73.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
You could probably delete your other post since no one has added to it.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an interesting gun. If you watch the movie "15:17 to Paris" from Clint Eastwood about the train that was attacked by a terrorist who was overcome by three US service members, the French Police responded when it came to a station and you will see them using a stainless Ruger Revolver. I was very surprised to see it but now I get it.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with MR88 but have Two MR73. They are right there with Korth in being the finest revolver made. I'm sure the MR88 is also a very fine revolver.

Posts: 21 | Registered: March 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post