SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    4” Nickel 586
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4” Nickel 586 Login/Join 
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Breathless.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Thanks to rbert0005 it got a little bit better!
He sent me a brand new Tyler T grip to complete the package.
I’ve helped out a few people with hard to find items in the past, as do many others here.
This place never ceases to amaze me.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
That is really a nice find! Congrats!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I knew it would, and it makes a big difference when shooting.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

Bob

My gun show buddy is hooking me up with a set of wood service stocks correct for the gun, maybe a little earlier.
Don't know if I can bring myself to shoot it at the range with the ivories. Might have to wear some jersey gloves if I do.

I guess the next step is a fancy tooled holster for bbq duty. A few of us wear a fancy sidearm when we have a big bbq, I hear that's a Texas thing but we're adopting it in WV.

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

Bob

My gun show buddy is hooking me up with a set of wood service stocks correct for the gun, maybe a little earlier.
Don't know if I can bring myself to shoot it at the range with the ivories. Might have to wear some jersey gloves if I do.

I guess the next step is a fancy tooled holster for bbq duty. A few of us wear a fancy sidearm when we have a big bbq, I hear that's a Texas thing but we're adopting it in WV.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Have you seen how much the factory wood target grips sell for ??? Not cheap either, $100 +/- I put rubber pachmeyer grips on mine for the range........

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Oh I know, this guy probably has 20 sets of grip lying around loose, pretty serious Smith collector.
Service aren't as bad as targets.

Whatever he charges me I will pay, it will be under market value I'm sure. We have an agreement that anything we sell each other, the original seller has first right of refusal at same price if we ever get rid of it.

Neither one of us gets rid of Smiths unless its an old shooter or trading up for a better grade collector gun.

I have a NIB 3" model 66 he wants desperately, so I have leverage lol

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
Very nice, I have a blue 586 in 38spl cylinder only, 4” as well, very fun plinker. Side of pistol states 38 spl first one I have seen so I took it home.

Posts: 19 | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
Amazing find! Such a beautiful pistol! I was lucky enough to find a 686 (No dash) last year. Congratulations and happy shooting!

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a 4th of July BBQ revolver if I've ever seen one.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
what did ya pay for that beauty ??

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
My friend , in Steubenville Ohio has a 686 , 4in. Bbl. & wearing Faux ivory stocks.
Your Nickel wheelgun just has that extra "IT" factor going for the touchdown.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
what did ya pay for that beauty ??

Under 6 out the door, the ivory grips were already in the safe Wink

--Riff Raff--

Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Some serious steel made beautiful. Nice!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Very nice look, indeed.

Definitely like the look of nickel over the scruffy, "distressed" look that S&W uses for their base stainless finish on the 686, which only makes me think that S&W 'cheaped' out during the finishing process and decided to forego a step or two before boxing it up.

Dangerous...that thinking stuff. But that scratchy finish annoyed me so much for looking so half-assed, low-rent ghetto that I wound up hand polishing my 686 out, any possible hit to 'value' for being non-original be damned, as if 686-6s were somehow rare (they aren't). Looks a hell of a lot better and not just to me, as mankind intends properly finished stainless steel to look like.

Rant off.

I bought my 686-1 new in the early 80's. The finish doesn't look half-arsed at all.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post