SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Now Officially Glockless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now Officially Glockless Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
At some point I did the same but I came right back to Glock.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maximus2161
posted Hide Post
The one Glock I despised when I saw it was the 19X. Just hated the look of that gun all around. Ugly color, mullet grip, no thanks. Then I got to mess with someones 19X and I was shocked I liked it. Even more than the G45. So yeah I bought one and never regretted it. I absolutely love it. I sold a G45 and a G34 (kinda wish I had kept it and may pick another up one day but not too sure if I will. Who knows. But the 19X is the only lock I currently have in inventory and Im keeping it.

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
You can't beat a Glock 20 10mm to carry in critter country. 16 rounds of protection. Underwood hard cast ammo.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to "The Other Side", where men are men, woman are woman and guns are real guns, NOT Glocks!

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchee:
Welcome to "The Other Side", where men are men, woman are woman and guns are real guns, NOT Glocks!

It's totally OK to not own Glocks.

But lets all put on our Big Boy Pants and stop it with this sort of nonsense. On this board it's OK to not like Glocks, Sigs, 1911s, whatever. It's also OK to have nothing but Glocks, Sigs, 1911s, whatever. You do you man, everyone shoot what fits them.

But for sweet buttery Christ, can we drop the "real men use X" nonsense? It's 2019, Glocks are obviously capable service weapons, along with a whole variety of other proven platforms, including the 1911 which is still in service use...

Frankly, anyone who likes guns is welcome here, and in this era of "social justice" we should really not be going out of our way to take a piss on any particular brand. Particularly one with a decades long reputation for durability and reliability.

Unless you want to look foolish. If you're being sarcastic, you forgot one of these " Wink." If it's not sarcasm, just do everyone a favor and skip it. You can say you don't like Glocks without melodrama.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
"Sweet buttery Christ"?

that's a new one. Must be an east of the mountains thing.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
You can't beat a Glock 20 10mm to carry in critter country. 16 rounds of protection. Underwood hard cast ammo.

I can, I carry a G40 in a Hill People Gear rig with a fiber optic RMR. Same ammo tho. Big Grin

I’m in the process of selling most of my Glocks too...so I can buy new better Glocks. Damn you, G45 MOS. Razz

I do have my eye on a 320 X5 too though.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
You will buy another glock.

Truer words were never spoke.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've been Glockless before but ended up replacing them after a while.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt that Glocks are good guns. A good gun at a good price. I however, am not a Glock fan. I don't like the way they look, I hate how they feel in my hand, and I am not a fan of striker fired or DAO pistols. I think it safe to say that I will never own a Glock. If Glocks work for you, great get as many as you like. Smile That is why there are so many different kinds of guns on the market.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus2161:
The one Glock I despised when I saw it was the 19X. Just hated the look of that gun all around. Ugly color, mullet grip, no thanks. Then I got to mess with someones 19X and I was shocked I liked it. Even more than the G45. So yeah I bought one and never regretted it. I absolutely love it. I sold a G45 and a G34 (kinda wish I had kept it and may pick another up one day but not too sure if I will. Who knows. But the 19X is the only lock I currently have in inventory and Im keeping it.

Funny. I thought the G19 was a dumb idea, too.

I have one now. I thought the G43X was silly. I have one of those, too.

And I like them.

I went to a match yesterday evening. A couple of 1911's and a couple of CZ.s. I shot a P320. Almost everyone else was shooting a Glock. One Ruger. Everything ran fine but one pistol caliber carbine which failed due to a parts breakage. The fastest guy had a CZ. At the more populated weekly steel matches, 1911's are still popular, but many in 9mm or .38 Super, and there are a lot of CZ's, with the majority of pistols seen still Glocks.

It's perfectly OK to not like a Glock and to get rid of it. Just saying you'll buy another.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's threads like these that make me hesitate to say things like I'll never own a Glock.

Every time I poo-poo something, I end up doing it/owning it/liking it.

But I too am Glock-less.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I own Sigs, Berettas, more HKs than I will admit and 2 glocks. Both are glock 19s. One I put a few hundred through every month for the shits and giggles (I’m pretty trigger neutral after 32 years of shooting)and the other is in my BOB. In a SHTF scenario there will always be two things available on the street: 9mm glocks/glock mags and AR-15s. OMMV but you can be sure if I run out the door I’m leaving everything else sitting in my safe and won’t worry about resupply and parts.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If I'm every 'rich' again and have nothing better to do I'll probably end up with a Glock....

"Never say Never"

I do own several 'Glock' like pistols... just not an actual one.. I have shot a few and they are okay.. there's my endorsement.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I could never see myself Glockless. My first center fire pistol was a Gen 2 Glock 19 I bought new in the early 90s and it is my choice for a 15 round 9MM CCW still today with nothing coming along the way making me want to replace it and I have tried almost everything out there. I have bought more than a few pistols since then from various manufactures and of various sizes and frame materials but my Gen 2 Glock 19 would be the last pistol I would ever sell if I was forced to sell all my pistols. For me the Glock 19 is the best all around jack of all trades pistol there is and the sales numbers and agency contracts for the Glock 19 indicates a whole lot of others feel the same way.

When I see threads like this to me it is a testament to the absolute dominance and reputation that Glock has built up over the years in the poly frame semi auto pistol market as you just don't see threads like "I sold my last CZ, S&W, Springfield Armory, Walther, etc."

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced my G43 with a P365. I may move my 19 and am not sure if I am keeping my 20C. I’m just not a Glock guy. Between the trigger and the grip angle, I don’t feel like going to a totally different grip just for the few times a year that I shoot Glocks.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was once " all Glock" , then I was no glocks , then I thought I would have one, because everyone needed at least one Glock so I thought.
Now I have 2 G42's , a Vickers G43, a G26 gen 5 , and a Gen 5 G17.
I like Glocks, and I am not denying it again

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
"Sweet buttery Christ"?

that's a new one. Must be an east of the mountains thing.

Sadly, not a new choice of words. Now, as to a wise choice - when lecturing others as to tolerance?

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I own two, a G 19 & 27, bought earlier in my gun owning days. I shoot them fine for what I bought them for and they have had zero malfunctions. They are well within my abilities to completely strip and service myself if needed. Functionally, they are great.
The thing I don't like is they don't fit my hand well. Not the angle but the block shape. I've since found other guns I prefer for carrying. Now the Glocks pretty much stay in the safe, along with a few others that are also good quality guns I don't find practical for me to carry.
I've thought about selling then at times but I like the idea of keeping a few just-in-case spares around and the factory is within easy driving distance for anything they could ever need.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post