SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W Combat Magnums
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W Combat Magnums Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Like I said, just wait. On Saturday last week I stumbled across a S&W 13-4 with the box barely fired and got it for $470 OTD. I don't know if I'm even going to shoot it, it's that nice. But I probably will.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Model 69. I have my share of older, pre lock Smiths. The new Model 69 is a well executed 44 magnum. It's as accurate as any revolver I own. Recoil is not a distraction. It's a nice hunting companion.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I was going to get a 66 with a 2.75" barrel, I'd get a 3" 686

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mlazarus what barrel length did you get? I went to Cabela's today to snag one of the new Smith 5946's they got (I did) and I got a chance to fondle a 2.75" M69. What a beautifully put together gun. I see one in my future.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is 4.25 inches or there about. I really enjoy it. Reasonably priced. I replaced the grip with a Hogue and added a lanyard. Hogue sells screws for their grips which also have a hole for attaching a lanyard. A little paracord and I have a secure revolver in a well made chest rig.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The original K-Frame .357s weren't designed to take a steady diet of magnum rounds. That's why Smith eventually out with the L-frame. Is that still the case? Is the new 66 mostly .38 Spl, occasional. 357 Magnum?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post