SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I picked up a CZ p10, liked the way it felt but
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I picked up a CZ p10, liked the way it felt but Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
the initial trigger pull has a weird take up almost like it rides over a notch or a bump, pretty crappy. The short reset and there after trigger pull is nice and crisp. Was this common in those who have tried the trigger?

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I bought one 5 days ago and I already put it up for sale. I got the worst blister on my finger from the trigger. Otherwise it shot great. Mine doesn't have your issue.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
It's basically a two stage trigger. Take up the slack, then a little more pressure to fire. The little bump on the take up does get better with more rounds fired. I never had any issues with blisters. Can't explain that one.

I put 200 rounds through mine before taking it to a fun shoot a few weeks a go. Others wanted to shoot the pistol as well and by the time the 4 day shoot was over it had another 800 rounds through it. The trigger is now so much better than it was new. This P 10 is very accurate, overall I'm very pleased with it.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But....but...glock killer. LMAO

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have noticed on both my P-10c triggers, that if you do not pull straight back on the trigger shoe/trigger safety lever, the lever can *sometimes* catch a little bit when it passes through the cutout on the frame, (I have had the same thing happen on a Glock before). I can only make this happen anymore if I try to make it happen. I am real happy with the way both my P-10C triggers are breaking in, they are getting better with more use. I have had no problem with the trigger shoe or trigger safety on mine irritating my trigger finger. So far, I like everything about these pistols, except the aluminum sights, and at some point in the near future they will be changed out for ones of my preferance made out of hardened steel.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Just bought a P10c and am taking it to the range tomorrow.

Handling and dry-fire it feels good to me, but if it does not equal or surpass my PPQ it will be sold off.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger safety is a little too restrictive in my opinion. Easily fixed with a little filing on the bottom rear edge to clear the frame. You can put a Glock 4# firing pin spring in it to get the pull down to around 4.5 lbs on average. Might be too light for hard primers, no problem with any I've tried from Remington and Atlanta Arms. Lock up and accuracy are excellent.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After close to 900 rounds through my P10 C, the trigger is noticeably smoother and crisper. Give it some time as it WILL be worth it.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Mine was smooth from day, talking about the take-up. After 500 rounds, slightly smoother break and reset.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
Without any work and only 100 live rounds fired- maybe 500 or so dry fire presses my P10 breaks at a very crisp 4lbs consistently.

Glock killer? IDK about that BUT It sure is better than my 19 in ergos, accuracy (maybe due to the better trigger), and it is fully ambidextrous. It helped that it fit several of my G19 holsters, but NOT all of them.

It sure is a nice pistol to me.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
I shot one the other day. The trigger is fantastic and the reset is.... Crazy quick. It's very accurate and the ergos are day and night from glock ( of which I have several). The grip texturing is strictly for man hands. It's very aggressive, which I like.

The frame is beefier than a glock as is the barrel and lug.

The mag release is stiff and the slide stop is just that. As others have stated they all improve over time.

For the price all that's needed are more mags, sight options ( night or fiber optic ) and lots of ammo.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot my new P-10c side by side with Gen 4 G19 and liked P-10c better in ergos, trigger reach is short, sights are excellent and right on. The thingy in the trigger felt weird at first, but if you press it consistently, break and short reset feel great. No blisters for me. Also P-10c has been 100% reliable in my hands. Very happy with the gun. Definitely a keeper. Smile

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've but about 250 rounds through my P-10c and have about 300ish dry fires (draw and fire, mag drop, reload, rack, fire) through it. It's definitely smoothed out since I got it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm actually looking forward to my next range trip. I like the gun a lot so far. Have a training class on 7/16 I'm thinking about running it in - need to get a holster though.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I bought one 5 days ago and I already put it up for sale. I got the worst blister on my finger from the trigger. Otherwise it shot great. Mine doesn't have your issue.

I have come across feedback about the trigger tab been an issue for some people, I like the fact that we have a large selection to choose from and really appreciate new offerings from manufacturer's. While a very solid entry from CZ in my opinion is has been way overhyped as the perfect striker fired handgun out the box.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far *for me* it is the best striker fired pistol I have ever owned. Size wise *for me* (I really do like it better than my G19). Accuracy wise (its equal to the VP9,Sig P320 and the PPQ) I used to own . With it's low bore axis, its flatter shooting (very little muzzle flip) than most of the other striker pistols that I used to own, it is overbuilt in some of the critical areas, for long term durability (we will have to give father time some more time to prove that one though. *For me*, its ergos (grip feel,grip angle, trigger characteristics , the mag release, slide release, molded in grip treatment, cocking serrations, are pretty close to ideal . So far it has fed and ejected everything I have fed through it (different weights of FMJ ball and JHP's). It strips down easy and its design appears pretty simple and modular with fewer parts than some others. The aluminum sights on it suck though, but I knew that when I bought it. Oh yeah, and mine has no brass to the face. Some gun shops are now selling these for *$450.* Was it over hyped some, no doubt, but for *me* once it was broken in, it really does comes *closer* to being the perfect striker fired pistol. Oh, and if its trigger safety tab bothers anyone, a little emery cloth on its edges should take care of that in less than 10 minutes. And last, IMHO, CZ saying it will fit in G19 holsters was a stretch, and is hit or miss, and probably a little more miss in *how good* the fit will be. Also the trigger on my P-10C coninues to get better with use, and is now probably within 1/2 lb of my prefered break weight for a carry pistol when the adrenaline is pumping. While I still like my Gen 4 G19, it just takes putting quite a bit more money into it to get it to the way I want it. The bottom line *for me* is, I like my P-10C more because I shoot it more accurately than my Gen 4 G19 and get no BTF from it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, It looks like P-10c pistol has a partially tensioned striker when cocked like the glock and not fully tensioned when cocked like some other pistols out there.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The P10C didn't work out for me. I think my expectations were just too high after all of the YouTube hype. The trigger on my particular pistol was very gritty and nowhere near as good as a PPQ, VP9 or P320. I can't remember how long I kept it but I ended up selling it off while they were still pretty scarce. The guy who has it now loves it, so it worked out.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
The P10C didn't work out for me. I think my expectations were just too high after all of the YouTube hype. The trigger on my particular pistol was very gritty and nowhere near as good as a PPQ, VP9 or P320. I can't remember how long I kept it but I ended up selling it off while they were still pretty scarce. The guy who has it now loves it, so it worked out.

From what I have heard, the triggers can vary a little bit from pistol to pistol out of the box, just like on some other brand striker fired pistols. IMHO, the P-10c needs around 800+ trigger pulls to get rid of any creep (some need none and some need less) and then a good clean and light lube to know where the break weight settles in at. The trigger on mine was also just okay out of the box, but after maybe 800+ trigger pulls, no grittiness or creep at all and the break is pretty close to ideal, for me. When I had my PPQ, it had a fine trigger, but was to light for *my* liking, good for target shooting , but it was too easy to bump fire if you were not careful or when the adenaline is pumping.

posted Hide Post
Deleted double post.