SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have an addiction: 10mm !!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have an addiction: 10mm !! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I also have a 1006 and it's a great piece. S&W now makes the 610 revolver again in 10MM in case you're interested.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
They make the 610 again?!!

OOOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhh Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh. I will buy a new one to go with my old one.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
They make the 610 again?!!

OOOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhh Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh. I will buy a new one to go with my old one.
They started shipping a few months ago

MSRP is $969, you can pick them up in the low to mid $800s in the FREE States . . . Don't know about California

4" and 6 1/2" are available.

I need a 4" just to round out my 310/610 family

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only 10mms...

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
More details on your 10mm AR build please.

I am slowly collecting parts for my build.
So far I have:

New Frontier Armory Large Frame Glock Pattern Lower
Rainier Arms Upper with no F/A
Spikes Tactical LPK
Troy Alpha Rail
SB Tactical PDW brace and SBA3 brace (not sure which I will use)

Trying to determine which buffer I will go with.
Leaning towards the KVP 10oz Tungsten buffer.

Do you have any SGM 30 round magazines?
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sg...tended-magazine.html

Heard good things and they are only 18.

ETS 10mm mags are supposed to be available today but they were also supposed to be available back in March, then June too.

I am a big 10mm fan.
Had a 220 that I sold. Now just have the G20 and AR build parts.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or does the 10mm have a truly bewildering variety of bullet weight and loads?!? I'm waiting to shoot my CMMG 10mm Banshee and picked up some 180gr FMJ from Fiochi, but I've seen bullet weight from under 160 to over 200 with huge differences in muzzle velocity.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Is it just me, or does the 10mm have a truly bewildering variety of bullet weight and loads?!? I'm waiting to shoot my CMMG 10mm Banshee and picked up some 180gr FMJ from Fiochi, but I've seen bullet weight from under 160 to over 200 with huge differences in muzzle velocity.

Underwood goes from 135gr to 200gr. I tried the 180gr Gold Dot first and liked it. Then later tried the 155gr XTP. With 200fps more velocity and a higher muzzle energy, it was quite a bit snappier, recoiling up and left. I much prefer the 180gr and settled on it for carry ammo. Recoil is more of a push and much more easily handled. I handload 200gr FMJ Precision Delta for competitions, but of course they are downloaded to just over major power factor so much less recoil.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should not be too bewildering

There are two distinct power levels

You have the Full Power 10mm Auto loadings that have roots in what Norma was doing in the 1990s

And then you have the 10MM "Lite" loadings that came out of the FBI studies and release of the 40S&W cartridge. I added quotes around the Lite because that is what the older 10MM Auto shooters tend to call those power levels. Remember that the "Lite" is power and not projectile weight

Jacketed projectile weights actually go from the 60 grain JHPs in the Liberty Defense loads to the 240 grain JHPs in the Subsonic ammunition that we are working on for the Government's next generation of integrally suppressed 10MM Auto SMGs and carbines

Since we are dealing with self loading firearms, you need to choose an ammunition that works well with the spring set and design of your particular firearm. After-all you want first and foremost is reliability.

Obviously that is not a concern for the folks that have revolvers chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Since we are dealing with self loading firearms, you need to choose an ammunition that works well with the spring set and design of your particular firearm. After-all you want first and foremost is reliability.

Obviously that is not a concern for the folks that have revolvers chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge

Reliability can be an issue with 10mm revolvers. I have found that Hornady ammo in 10mm seems to be longer or fatter near the base and extractor groove, such that a full moon clip will not spin reliably. I haven't taken the time to closely inspect the Hornady rounds to see exactly what the issue is, just don't use them. And the other issue for revolvers (especially with a short bbl), not reliability related, is the nature of the recoil. Some Underwood loadings have a much snappier recoil (the lighter weight, higher velocity ones), than the heavier bullets.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
i am more of a 9mm guy.

C’mon, man. Its just one more millimeter. One more wont hurt, right!!

I love my G20

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shot an FBI MP5/10. Yep. I just picked up a CMMG 10 mm Banshee. Put an MRO on it. Need to shoot it now...

Let us know how you like it. Thanks

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
What do you 10mm pistol addicts like for range ammo, SD ammo and hunting ammo?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:

I don't hunt. For range, SIG 180gr FMJ, for SD, Underwood hands down is quality made and well performing ammo. They make several different weight bullets using several brands of bullets, Nosler, XTP, Gold Dot. I like the 180gr Gold Dot, and use the same round in the SIG P220-10mm and the Ruger GP-100 Wiley Clapp model.

When in doubt, mumble

posted Hide Post
I run a G20 and a SR1911 in 10mm. The SR1911 has had a lot of FTF issues and doesn't like Wilson Combat 8 rd mags for some reason that I cannot figure out. The main spring on the Ruger is so tight after 500 rds that I can barely rack the slide and I'm 6'1" 225. Guess its going back to Ruger. I might get rid of it and get a Sig Tacops 1911 in 10mm. The G20 eats everything.

For range ammo I've been running the S&B 180 FMJs. They're a mid power round (543 ft lbs) about comparable to a 357 Mag energy. The Sig 180 FMJ is a lot more powerful (674 ft lbs), but costs nearly twice as much. For JHPs, I'm using Sig V Crowns, Hornady, and Winchester Silver Tips all in 180 gr.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
run a G20 and a SR1911 in 10mm. The SR1911 has had a lot of FTF issues and doesn't like Wilson Combat 8 rd mags for some reason that I cannot figure out. The main spring on the Ruger is so tight after 500 rds that I can barely rack the slide and I'm 6'1" 225. Guess its going back to Ruger. I might get rid of it and get a Sig Tacops 1911 in 10mm. The G20 eats everything

Abn556;
I have a RugerSR1911 and a Rock Island Armory(RIA) in 10mm. I have had the RIA for several years. Wilson mags turned it into a single shot pistol. I bought some of the cheapest 10mm mags I could find, Metalform I think. They have been running just fine. I haven’t had the time to try them out in the Ruger just yet.
My Stainless Ruger is lighter than the carbon steel RIA, but like you said, the Ruger has a VERY high spring rate.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Tripp Research Cobra mags. They have a 10 rd 10mm 1911 magazine that runs perfectly in my Delta Elite and Kimber Eclipse 10mms. Of course, the 10 round mags don’t fit flush, but I like them

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Since I can’t afford a Bren Ten, I’m after a EAA Witness in 10mm. I like the Sig offering and the S&W semi autos. I’m looking for a B&T or Stribog in 10mm.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man do I know about a 10 mm addiction, from “Mild to Wild” with the mighty 10! If you REALLY want to up the 10 game, try one of these!!!!

https://imgur.com/a/CGnUR3Y
The quality of the Dan Wesson “Bruin” Longslide is AMAZING. This is one of my Babies that I am gonna offer for sale to raise some surgery funds for the Wife. PM me if you would like info! I also feel the 10 is a re-loaders dream load as it is sooo flexible. I have accomplished some spectacular loads that are scary accurate and will scare the life outta a Wild Hog Wink

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
My only 10mms...

“Hey Tubbs, when you going to get a real gun?”

Those are cool!

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:

I don't hunt. For range, SIG 180gr FMJ, for SD, Underwood hands down is quality made and well performing ammo. They make several different weight bullets using several brands of bullets, Nosler, XTP, Gold Dot. I like the 180gr Gold Dot, and use the same round in the SIG P220-10mm and the Ruger GP-100 Wiley Clapp model.
Yup. I love Underwood's 10mms offerings.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post