SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have an addiction: 10mm !!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have an addiction: 10mm !! Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted
Yes, its true. First 10mm was a Colt Delta Elite back in the mid 90s. I then went to a G20. Then I had a kaboom. No fingers lost, just got a big scare. So I finally went to a trusted Sig 220 in 10mm. Yes, Im back in love. 2 220s, a gen 4 G20 and now an AR 10mm build I thinking what can I add next! Big Grin ah yes, feed the addiction...

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I’m not quite addicted yet, but I can feel it coming on.

Started with building a HK USP Franken-gun, then on the the AR, next is shaping up to be a 1911 of some kind or maybe a witness...

Eventually I’m sure I’ll have an MP5 built in 10

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have acquired the 10mm addiction. I am keeping only two pistols in my retirement (no more money nor desire to add to a "collection"). The SIG P220-10mm elite SAO (nitron), and the Ruger GP-100 Wiley Clapp model, 3" bbl. Both are extraordinarily accurate shooters. Both are carried in Andrews Leather OWB holsters with thumb breaks, fine leather workmanship.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Next thing on the list could be a 40MOS upper for your 20. Then a Kriss Vector, Glock carbine, extended mags...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
For concealed carry try the Glock29SF. Snug in a shoulder holster that disappears under a jacket.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not really a ccw pistol but just recently purchased the xdm 5.25 10mm and was surprised at the accuracy.Bought it as a woods gun/bear deterrent running underwood ammo.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
You are not alone in your admiration for the 10MM Auto cartridge

Back in 1990 My Dad and I purchased a Delta Gold Cup and a 1006. I am not too sure which belonged to who but we enjoyed them both

Over the years, I have added many and converted quite a few to 10MM Auto .

With the Smith and Wesson 310/610 family of revolver, I opened p the cylinders to work with 10MM Magnum as well.

When the Bureau took delivery on those 1400+ MP5/10s I was thrilled

Several years before SIG saw the truth and started offering the P220 in 10MM Auto I had Bruce Gray build me one.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a NIB 4.5" Springfield XDM OSP for way too cheap on GB. Put a Vortex Venom on it last week, planning on shooting some pigs at a friend's ranch in 2 weeks.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my Buckeye Blackhawk in 10mm/38 WCF. Try to pick one up if ever the chance presents.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fullmann:
I’m not quite addicted yet, but I can feel it coming on.

Started with building a HK USP Franken-gun, then on the the AR, next is shaping up to be a 1911 of some kind or maybe a witness...

Eventually I’m sure I’ll have an MP5 built in 10
The MP5/10 is a hoot

I am working on a 10MM Auto HK USP Elite as my next project

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Next thing on the list could be a 40MOS upper for your 20. Then a Kriss Vector, Glock carbine, extended mags...
The AR 10mm build utilizes Glock Mags with the extension, making the capacity 33 rds ? Very exciting!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot an FBI MP5/10. Yep. I just picked up a CMMG 10 mm Banshee. Put an MRO on it. Need to shoot it now...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
The AR 10mm build utilizes Glock Mags with the extension, making the capacity 33 rds ? Very exciting!!
Yup. I went the route of converting a Glock 21 to 10mm and then .38 Super. The newer magazines work out of the box. The older version took a few modifications.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
In my young and tumble days I cut my teeth on stories of the 10mm from Gunsite staff who told of those original Norma offerings.

Felt my terribly underpowered .45 & 9mm rounds were going to bounce off everything ever since. Somehow I've survived.

Decades pass, but the promise holds true - screaming 200grn bullets hammering everything in sight. Still looking for the perfect non-revolver platform, but the P220 calls.

Yeah, buy more! Everyone, buy more!

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I get it. I bought a Bren Ten back during that short period they were in production. The only ammo available was the original NORMA 200 and 170 grain JFP loads. Afterwards had a succession of 10MM pistols and revolvers. I started loading the 10 as soon as dies became available, using the only .400" jacketed bullet I could find, the Remington 180 grain JSP. Still have plenty of reloaded 10MM to burn up and one 10MM pistol, a S&W 1026. Heck of a pistol cartridge IMHO.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am more of a 9mm guy.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I love the way my P220 10 shoots and it drops a wild hog like a stone. But for CCW it tries to pull my pants down. And it chucks empties into the next county.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I love the way my P220 10 shoots and it drops a wild hog like a stone. But for CCW it tries to pull my pants down. And it chucks empties into the next county.

My first time out (in the desert) with the P220-10mm, I took a variety of ammo brands, including SIG, Hornady, and Underwood. I shoot from a spot where the ejected shells will land on clean desert land (no searching through prickly desert brush to find them). When I first shot the Underwood, I look right up the dirt track to find them. I couldn't even see them, until I started walking. I finally found a nice neat pile some distance away. I paced it back to my shooting position....50 ft.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My current 10mm handguns are two Colt Delta Elites, a Ruger Match Champion GP100, an S&W 1006, and a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a S&W 1006. I remember the original Norma ammo being loaded very hot.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post