Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec PMR30 Login/Join 
posted
Wanted to try something different in a handgun and with 9mm ammo prices so high and hard to get I picked up this Keltec PMR30 22 magnum handgun. This handgun is a hoot to shoot, holds 30 rounds in the standard magazine, and weighs 1 lb 3 oz fully loaded.
Recoil is very light and enables me to get back on target very quickly..30 round magazine dump of Hornady 30 gr 2200fps ammo on 10" steel puts a smile on my face.

IMG_7202 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading your review has motivated me to shoot mine today.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Not sure how it is anywhere else but 22WMR is about the only caliber we've managed to keep reasonable stock of. A mag dump of that sounds pretty good right now.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Get the MCARBO upgrades for feedramp, straight trigger etc. Improves reliability and makes it even more fun. I was frankly very very surprised. The fiber sights are easy to pick up and yes the WMR is a hoot to shoot for not a lot of $$. If you can get inexpensively highly recommend.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't mind one, and a CMR30 to go with it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summers - Love mine also - A blast to shoot...You might want to consider picking up a handful of extra mags now before Jan 2021 arrives as they might start to go up in price...I picked up a few extras and glad I did...

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Summers - Love mine also - A blast to shoot...You might want to consider picking up a handful of extra mags now before Jan 2021 arrives as they might start to go up in price...I picked up a few extras and glad I did...

I purchased 1 more mag so have 3 now but you are right...probably should pick up a couple more.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I shot one they had at the range several months ago. It was great fun! I may have to add one to my "must have" list.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the PMR30 and CMR30. They are both fun. I wonder if anyone EDC's the PMR30 ??? 30-rounds of 22-Magnum is some firepower in my opinion. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got the PMR30 pre-owned, one owner, only took it to the range on every 5th sunday, found two mags online and bought them up.

Key to the PMR30 running well is mag loading procedure, no more than 5 rounds at a time, tap to seat, add 5, continue until loaded.

I'd like a p17, CP33 and CMR30,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have to say I'm impressed that there are 10 posts and not a single one to shit on Keltec products so far! Big Grin

I own a Sub2000 9mm carbine, a PF9 9mm and am picking up a P3AT on Friday...I guess you could call me a fan.

Their .22 offerings seem to have a huge following.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have several Keltec firearms. I have a P32 that I use for around the home and gym carry in my shorts since it is so light. P11, Sub2000, PMR30, and the CMR30. God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I have to say I'm impressed that there are 10 posts and not a single one to shit on Keltec products so far! Big Grin

I own a Sub2000 9mm carbine, a PF9 9mm and am picking up a P3AT on Friday...I guess you could call me a fan.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to say I'm impressed that there are 10 posts and not a single one to shit on Keltec products so far!

only "shit" about KT is that they seem to come out with interesting guns, and then not produce enough of them to meet even partial demand.

Right now the $199 MSRP P17 is priced over $500 on GB and have been unable to find one at a LGS and they make them not 40 miles from me....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I too have several Keltec firearms. I have a P32 that I use for around the home and gym carry in my shorts since it is so light. P11, Sub2000, PMR30, and the CMR30. God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

No complaints with my P11, after I replaced the plastic trigger with an aluminum one.

Only failure I had with it was the tab for the slide catch broke off, so it would not engage the mag follower. Gun functioned fine, just didn't lock back.
KT CS had me a new one in the mail, no questions.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I had wanted one of those pistols, up until last year, when believe it or not, I ran across the first one at a gunshop.

It didn't fit my small hands, and I knew I would never be comfortable with it. Just too big front to back in the grip.

Guess that's the price I pay for small hands.

Shop also had one of the RIA's 1911 22 magnums, way above my budget, and seemed very heavy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the grip on that thing. It sounds like a fantastically fun gun to shoot but the term Block for Glock looks like it would be appropriate for this gun as well or is it just the angle of the picture? How about the trigger?

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
How is the grip on that thing. It sounds like a fantastically fun gun to shoot but the term Block for Glock looks like it would be appropriate for this gun as well or is it just the angle of the picture? How about the trigger?

Trigger is good, grip is wide and narrow. I have smaller hands, have no problems comfortably holding and shooting. Trigger is actually pretty nice.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

I had never even held a PMR30 prior to purchasing mine and I was prepared for it to feel like I was holding a 2x4 but I was very surprised at how good it does feel in my hand and no complaints about the trigger either.

posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of .22 long rifle and seldon shoot my .22 rifles do thought I would try another Keltec. P17 is their .22 and holds -6 rounds in the stock mags and supposedly weighs in around 17 ounces full loaded. Gonna pick one up today

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I have a bunch of .22 long rifle and seldon shoot my .22 rifles do thought I would try another Keltec. P17 is their .22 and holds -6 rounds in the stock mags and supposedly weighs in around 17 ounces full loaded. Gonna pick one up today

It holds 17 rounds of 22, -6 would be the NY model Big Grin