SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Here's how the US military's sidearm has evolved over the past 200 years"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Here's how the US military's sidearm has evolved over the past 200 years" Login/Join 
posted
This has photos from the Harper's Ferry 1805 to the Beretta M9. They're nice photos, but there's not enough text.

http://www.businessinsider.com...e-action-army-navy-7

Yeah, "Business Insider" isn't the first place I usually check for gun info, but I stumbled on this while looking for something else.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Amazing the jump in tech from the 1805 to the Walker.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The list did not include the S&W Schofield or the Colt Model 1909.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we really have plateaued in terms of firearms development

basically not much change since early-mid 1900s

optics / suppressors / body armor? lots of advances

center-fire arms? lacking

--------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
I love this quote from the article ‘The sidearm has gone from a smoothbore, muzzle-loaded, single shot to SIG Sauer's new, modular, 59-round monster which is also customizable for every user.’ I guess I need to get me a 59 round monster, anyone know the SKU for it? It also says that these are the ‘most important’ sidearms, explains the missing ones mentioned earlier.

Edited for spelling.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post