SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    question on full size 320 for duty use
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question on full size 320 for duty use Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
IMO, for the price difference, for duty use, I'd just get the standard P320 Full-size (unless you're planning to mount an optic on the gun). I've handled the Xgrips, and while they're perfectly fine, they don't do anything for me that the standard grip doesn't. Same with the flat trigger. I'd recommend trying them out before you buy. And if you decide you love the grip, they can be had for $50.

I think the most recent price we got from our LE distributor was $419 for a standard P320 with night sights. Sounds like you're buying on your own dime, so if it was me, I'd buy the standard and spend the extra $180 on ammo. Just my $0.02.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
I now have 4 P320's. Including bunches of grips and slides.

The latest one is a P320 Carry Pro. Last weekend I shot about 600 rounds through it in a class, and really got to know it better.

The beavertail makes it really easy to get a fast proper grip in the holster. I actually beat an interesting version of the Teuller drill. They had target 7 yards away, and had a runner standing beside us. The runner would initiate the drill by tapping the shooter on the shoulder as he started to run 7 yards directly behind and away from the shooter. On the shoulder tap, the shooter would draw and fire on the target 7 yards to his front. It was fun.

The Xray sights were phenomenal. Excluding the X5, my other P320 slides have the siglite night sights. What a difference. That green front sight just kind of punches you in the eye as it comes into view. Really easy to use fast.

The 90 degree break, X series trigger is very intuitive and accurate.

The IOP price is very fair for what you get. I am tempted to buy the full size Pro. Just to get the full size slide with this simplified optics cut, and Xray sights.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post