SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Wilson Combat EDC's X9
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Wilson Combat EDC's X9 Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MPrimo:
-It's cool and different
-It feels great in my hand
-It runs and shoots amazingly well
-It is incredibly well made
-It's not plastic
-I can afford it
-I like it
-I collect nice guns

This!

Well, except number six. I bought a 2011 a few weeks ago and it may be a while before I'm shopping for anything else.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one, and whoever asked about BHPs is about spot on. I like to collect custom 1911s in 45 and 9mm and BHPs. I’ve got 5 BHPs from Garthwaite, Sokol, Yost, Don Williams(three with beaver tails). And I love them. But I recently bought the EDC X9 and it’s fantastic. It’s almost like a G19 for people who collect custom 1911s and BHPs. The trigger is great. It points like the Browning designed guns. Safety is excellent. It’s VERY nice to shoot. It’s become my all around carry. I still love and carry my 1911s when I want something slimmer, and my BHPs.

The EDC definitely solves some problems from the olde platforms. The slide stop is better than either. The magazine is excellent and reliable. My only complaints are the checkering/grips/slide patterns. I’d like this gun a LOT more if I could get 25 or 30 LPI checkering with softer grips (I sandpapered mine). And regular serrations at the front and back of the slide. Also want a hi-viz front sight like and HD, but they are supposedly working on them.

Lastly, it’s accurate, easy and fun to shoot, and so far (800 rounds) reliable.

Posts: 684 | Location: Arlington, VA/Burlington, VT | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post