SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Wilson Combat EDC's X9
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Wilson Combat EDC's X9 Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I was talking to customer service at Wilson last week (having the sights changed on my CQB) and I asked him the lead time on the EDC X9’s. He said it’s running about 8 months. According to him, the dealers are ordering 20 to 30 guns at a time. They tell him that by the time they arrive, they’re all sold and there’s a waiting list.

If I got one, I’d want the one with black cherry grips, no rail and, being custom, I’d have them leave off the front slide serrations. Like ‘blindref, I much prefer a clean slide.

My LGS had a quick run where they were getting them in over a 3 week span (couple a week). I asked one of the owners if another one came in, please give me a call. He called and I went up and looked at it and I could not resist and bought it even though I knew I had one on order from MIgunslingers. The "Black Edition EDC X9" was suppose to be in late summer ( I ordered it in April)and finally came in this past weekend.

My LGS said they were told by Wilson it would be at least 8 month's before their next order arrives. You are right - every EDC X9 that showed up at my LGS over the summer was sold right away!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Definitely a looker. Still not my idea of a daily carry weapon but if a person has the means and the moola...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I was talking to customer service at Wilson last week (having the sights changed on my CQB) and I asked him the lead time on the EDC X9’s. He said it’s running about 8 months. According to him, the dealers are ordering 20 to 30 guns at a time. They tell him that by the time they arrive, they’re all sold and there’s a waiting list.

If I got one, I’d want the one with black cherry grips, no rail and, being custom, I’d have them leave off the front slide serrations. Like ‘blindref, I much prefer a clean slide.

Wilson will not sell them without the front serrations.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I played with one at the NRA show and it's just too busy for me looks wise. I actually was more impressed with the compact STI DVC which was about $1000 less and had a better trigger. If it were me I would get the new DW all Stainless 9mm CCO.

Thats some awful grip stippling.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]Originally posted by bubbatime:
Cool, expensive range toy. Nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE]
Range toy? How so? Why no CCW? Please explain.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless I missed a thread, it has been a while.
Any updates from the field from more people who have gotten and shot one?
And if you also have a tuned / worked over / or otherwise high-end Hi Power, how do they compare to you.
I am thinking of doing SOMETHING stupid...
Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fondled one and it reminded me of the limited edition heavy-framed CZ P-01 (model #s 99021 & 99041).

The CZs aren't nearly as nice and 2-Large less money...however, the size, caliber, capacity, and "feel" seem to be close. Something about the "tank-like" construction for a less-than-full size 9mm is quite tantalizing.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I prefer some of their other offerings, but have no plans on buying any...too expensive. I could afford them, I just won’t do it.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Unless I missed a thread, it has been a while.
Any updates from the field from more people who have gotten and shot one?
And if you also have a tuned / worked over / or otherwise high-end Hi Power, how do they compare to you.
I am thinking of doing SOMETHING stupid...
Thanks,
Scott

Have you checked with your local WC dealers to see if they plan to hold an WC event. I have been to the Nighthawk Sig, and WC events over the past 6 months. You can shoot anything they bring for a small fee. Sig had the new 210, Nighthawk even brought their Korth revolvers and yes WC had the EDC.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Thats a lot of coins for a carry gun.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We had a pair transfer in around late January/early February. They really are exquisite looking guns, but after fees and taxes $7900+ for a carry + backup...a hell of an expensive gun to have wind up in police evidence if the unthinkable happens. Just sayin'.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've been giving serious thought to getting a 1911 in 9mm for a few years now & when the EDC X9 was announced, I knew that it was the one that I've been waiting for all these years.

My 2002 CQB has been my favorite range/carry gun since I got it, but I wanted something smaller & in 9mm for carry. I'd been saving for a new Wilson & when my local fun store told me they got an EDC X9 in, I headed there the next day with cash in hand.

It was a very nice gun. Just the high quality fit & finish, action smoothness, etc that I've come to expect from Wilson. The more I handled it though, the more I thought, "I already have a bunch of Sigs, Glocks & HK's that are dependable & fill the concealed carry role adequately."

Reluctantly, I handed the Wilson back, took my money home & locked it back up in the gun safe to await the next "grail gun."

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I had to sell off most everything else I owned to get it. But it was worth it. This thing has everything and shoots like a dream.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I would like to see SIG and/or S&W make a functionally equivalent gun (4" double stack 15 shot 9mm 1911 based gun.) I'd also like to see them use standard magazines from their other guns (say for SIG 228/229 mags, for S&W M&P compact mags.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that a lot of people like them and a lot of people turn them around pretty quick because they are not 1911s.
Kind of a hard choice to make if you can't get a look at a fast moving product before you buy.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies and iinput.
I too imagine a similarity with my Cajun slicked over all steel compact CZ 75 D. How does the EDC feel in the hand vs the a compact CZ 75? Is the EDC a bit smaller in the hand?
And how does the EDC feel in the hand vs the BHP? Hard to imagine anything as ergo as the svelte BHP.
Good idea re finding a range day. The one Wilson dealer I used to visit went belly up a couple years ago; need to find one.
Any more thoughts or experience much appreciated.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful gun. I just can't imagine shoving it in and out of a holster and other associated wear that a EDC accumulates.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thoughts

Expensive for a Carry Pistol.

Not my cup of tea.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
My rational for getting one:

-It's cool and different
-It feels great in my hand
-It runs and shoots amazingly well
-It is incredibly well made
-It's not plastic
-I can afford it
-I like it
-I collect nice guns

I get that it's not for everyone but I love mine. I have all types of guns and generally carry a J Frame or a G43 in my coat pocket but I really like what Wilson did with this gun. Now ... think longslide and magwell ... It would make a great game gun in that configuration. They make Kias and Jaguars for different customers too!

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get one and yes, my life is worth $3000, but I don't see the X-9 as cost effective compared to other similar size and weight high capacity 9MM for everyday carry. Most SD shootings are still at close range where the trigger of a Glock 19, M&P Compact, or a Walther PPQ won't be a major handicap compared to the 1911 trigger I prefer. Watch, Kimber or Sig will bring out a similar version at less money. They will change it enough to get around Wilson's copyright.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post