SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 Refinishing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Refinishing Login/Join 
posted
I have a TRP in Armor Kote that has some pretty good holster wear and a little surface rust on the magwell. I'm looking into having it refinished and wanted some suggestions. I'm leaning toward the Black T by Birdsong or sending it back the SA Custom Shop. Anyone have any reviews on these two or can offer any other suggestions?

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have we have refinished many members firearms here over the years

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
CCR has done some very nice work for me in the past. Highly recommended.

I also had a DLC coated 1911 for awhile and that finish seemed nigh indestructible. Not sure who is doing it aftermarket though.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have been very happy with CCR's work.

I have also been satisfied with ROBAR.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
CCR did the frame of m Gold Cup in CPII and it looks great and so very easy to clean. Also, it tightened it up just a bit.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
This is a DW Valor that I had Robar refinish, it had some wear and finish issues. They've done a number of guns for me and I'm Very pleased with their work.
This is their Norton Special: Rogard slide and NP3 Plus frame.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Black T wears pretty, IMO, which is good because it’s not that durable.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Ionbond for black, and hard chrome for silver. Both are very durable and add almost nothing to the surface.

Don Williams worked up 3 1911's for me. One was all hard chrome, one all Ionbond, and the third was Ionbond top over a hard chromed frame. The all hard chromed one and the two tone got shot lots, with kydex holsters. No signs of wear.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Back in the day when I felt the need to customize every firearm I owned, new or used:

CCR did several guns and parts for me in the old Ceraplate (now an improved nickel Teflon CPII) and Cerahide (a ceramic like coating).
I like the CPII much better than the Cerahide and I think they have a darker version of it now.

SACS did an EMP for me in their nickel Teflon, as well as several mods, that turned well.

Of all these pictured, I only still have the Glocks.... Eek Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
This is a DW Valor that I had Robar refinish, it had some wear and finish issues. They've done a number of guns for me and I'm Very pleased with their work.
This is their Norton Special: Rogard slide and NP3 Plus frame.

[IMG:top]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/

800x600q90/922/5Yu40k.jpg[/IMG]

Always liked two tone 1911 pistols . Dark slide, bright & light frame.
( yours is a great example... oui deluxe )

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had CCR do these two Glock slides in CPII. I love it.

Next metal gun will be a reverse TT with CPII frame and dusk slide.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post