SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who has sent a glock to the factory and what was your turnaround time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has sent a glock to the factory and what was your turnaround time? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I'm just curious. Glock said two weeks. I'm betting it's quicker than that. What has your experience been?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I sent my gen 2 over night cost 90 bucks big mistake. I received a phone call a day later they couldn't do anything to it so they shipped it back, funny thing is they want it next day but ship it back 4 day mail. so much for not having it in the system very long. I guess it depends on what you have them do.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
30 Minutes. Good thing about living here in town. Just drove over and handed my G27 that had a over charged factory JHP go boom in it.

Armorer put new night sights on it for like $45 and gave me two new mags for free. Replaced all worn parts & springs for free. I know you aren't exactly in driving distance. But if you are within a few hours drive. Definitely worth it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They have done updates on two of mine. Each took around 10 days from when the pistol left here to when it returned. Note: Glock uses FedEx and requires an adult signature to receive the parcel on its return.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G33 which turned out subject to a recall (Glock called it an "upgrade") that required frame replacement. Glock gave me two options: fast turn around with a US made frame and new serial number, or slower with Austrian frame and same seral number (prefaced with an extra 1).

I opted for the Austrian frame, retaining matching numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel. It took about six weeks, as I recall, but may have been a couple of months or more. The turn with a US frame off the line would have been a week or so.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. My FFL sent it to them USPS two day shipping. They received it last Friday.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They turned mine around very quickly, including shipping both ways about 7 days...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
About a week, total.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most assuredly not what you are sending your gun back for, but since you asked:

I had a G34 which was of the run with the bad rear rail that had a 1 in 23,000 probability of fracturing. After many thousands of rounds, it finally let go. This was years after the original announcement of the problem, but they still covered it. They gave me a choice of a new frame made in the US with a different serial number or one from Austria with the same serial number with the replacement mark/letter added. I chose the latter and was told 8 to 12 weeks. It was back in 10.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sent my broken G23 frame back on their dime, they sent me a new frame with new guts in 7 days.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
It's been six days. They called today. I'm getting a. Re gun pretty cheap as warranty does not cover a drop.
I will say, my glock rep is pretty awesome!

posted Hide Post
Sent one of my G34's in on their nickel after continually getting brass to the face (into my RMR). After about 3 weeks a new replacement G34 arrived at my home.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent my model 40 MOS 10mm in last December for brass hitting the red dot. In May they said they did not have a fix. Have not heard from Glock since then.

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
It's been six days. They called today. I'm getting a. Re gun pretty cheap as warranty does not cover a drop.

I'm not sure what this says. Please retransmit Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

I'm not sure what this says. Please retransmit Smile

Bruce

I fat fingered a bit. I received a rebuilt gun yesterday. Honestly, it looks like a brand new gun to me. It also had night sights and three mags. I didn't send any mags because they said not to. I couldn't be happier!!

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
awesome.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post