SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The unique model number UD228-9-B on box label?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The unique model number UD228-9-B on box label? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I am new to the forum. Is there a "sticky" that might list the features for the vast array of unique model numbers?

I have a 90's dark gray plastic factory case that bears the model "UD228-9-B".

Is there any additional info from that specific model number other than the fact it is a P228?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lot_45,

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is no sticky.

Your P228 is certified pre-owned, 9 mm (which you knew already), and black finish with factory contrast sights.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I was not totally sure about it being pre-owned. I assumed that it was since the serial number on the frame was somewhere around 1993 but the slide is not marked W Germany and lacks a serial number. I am not sure about the barrel yet (it may or not have serial matching the frame). I do not have the item in hand at this time.

Of all the box labels, there is one that has a bar code and serial that matches the frame.

Thanks

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1130042554/p/1

this may help with identification of the codes.

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly.
UD = CPO ( certified pre-owned )
UDE = CPO with standard magazine.
UD without an E = CPO with magazines that have less than standard capacity.

I hope this helps.

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help! Your answers are spot on based on the specific item I was trying to asses.

I actually ended up buying the item. As it turns out, the barrel and frame SN match (B177734).
The slide is presumably a later part marked P228 "Made In Germany" no serial number no proof marks. I guess the old slide was determined to be trash and replaced to bring the pistol back in CPO condition.

The slide has contrast sights, rear has the white vertical post while the front blade has the big white DOT.

Two factory SIG 10 rounders with the plastic bottom limiter and one "Made in USA" 10 rounder with the dimple limiter.

Item is not in hand yet but looking forward to a nice shooter when it arrives.

Not the deal of the century $650 but I did "need" oneSmile