SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P210 impressive
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P210 impressive Login/Join 
posted
I expect a Sig to perform well right out of the box but the P210 Target was over the top. During my first trip to the range I used what I had on hand - WWB 115gr.... Single round in the mag for the requisite function test then the next six rounds downrange for accuracy. Benched w/ sandbag 50' all six rounds covered by a quarter. No adjustments to the rear site needed.
Aside from accuracy, My pre-buy inspection revealed zero manufacturing flaws.Fit and finish is absolutely perfect. American manufacturing at it's finest.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your P210A!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P210A proved that SIG USA can make exceptional firearms, if they put genuine effort into it. Now, I want that Super Target P210A.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slide says only P210. Web calls it P210 target.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d like a P210 Carry.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The P210A proved that SIG USA can make exceptional firearms, if they put genuine effort into it. Now, I want that Super Target P210A.

You, me and a lot of folks I suspect lol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are very easily impressed.

It’s a decent performance value at its price. I’ll give it that. P210A quality is identical to the other $1400 American Sigs, like the 1911 Super Target.

They are certainly a far cry from the best in American firearms craftsmanship.

But hey, at least they made a version of the P210 affordable to the masses. That was the priority. It’s great for those folks.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sounder:

Slide on any P210 will say P210.
The Target is what the current 5-inch (or, really, 4.75) barreled model is designated.
The Super Target will be the 6-inch version. The Carry will be the short barreled version. That is, if SIG USA ever decide to make them.

The German P210 designations are slightly different.
The Legend has the old style safety lever and slide catch. It can be had in the fixed rear sight or the adjustable rear sight version.
The Super Target has the 1911 style safety lever. It comes in the 5-inch barreled version with the full length dust cover or 6-inch barreled version.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sounder:

Slide on any P210 will say P210.
The Target is what the current 5-inch (or, really, 4.75) barreled model is designated.
The Super Target will be the 6-inch version. The Carry will be the short barreled version. That is, if SIG USA ever decide to make them.

The German P210 designations are slightly different.
The Legend has the old style safety lever and slide catch. It can be had in the fixed rear sight or the adjustable rear sight version.
The Super Target has the 1911 style safety lever. It comes in the 5-inch barreled version with the full length dust cover or 6-inch barreled version.

Good info Q.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

It’s a decent performance value at its price. I’ll give it that. P210A quality is identical to the other $1400 American Sigs, like the 1911 Super Target.

But hey, at least they made a version of the P210 affordable to the masses. That was the priority. It’s great for those folks.
Don’t quite understand why you continue to denigrate the SIG P210A. Each time one of the members post how much they enjoy and are impressed with the quality and accuracy of the pistol, you chime in with your opinion of it being junk. Granted, you backed off, somewhat, from your “American abomination” comment, but not by much. I normally look forward to your posts of the gorgeous pistols you’re so fortunate to have, which most of us will never enjoy, but I’m beginning to get the impression that you’re a real gun snob. I’ve got numerous Swiss P210s and German SIG X pistols and I do consider the P210A a fine gun.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stop with your snobbish attitude, already.

Btw, how do you determine its quality? Fit and finishes? Accuracy? Did you test it against your beloved much more expensive Euro P210s? Oh, I forgot, you refuse to own any US made SIGs.

Q

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think BAC knows quality homie.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Btw, how do you determine its quality? Fit and finishes? Accuracy? Did you test it against your beloved much more expensive Euro P210s? Oh, I forgot, you refuse to own any US made SIGs.

I’ve owned SEVERAL US made Sigs, thank you. Maybe more than yourself. So it’s snobbish to disagree that the cheapened P210A is the finest in American Gun manufacturing? Give me a damn break. I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up. I’m not saying it’s a bad quality gun.

If you think it rivals the real deal, I’m happy for you.

Now go buy more Ruger P Series pistols.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:

Don’t quite understand why you continue to denigrate the SIG P210A. Each time one of the members post how much they enjoy and are impressed with the quality and accuracy of the pistol, you chime in with your opinion of it being junk. Granted, you backed off, somewhat, from your “American abomination” comment, but not by much. I normally look forward to your posts of the gorgeous pistols you’re so fortunate to have, which most of us will never enjoy, but I’m beginning to get the impression that you’re a real gun snob. I’ve got numerous Swiss P210s and German SIG X pistols and I do consider the P210A a fine gun.

I didn’t say it was junk. However, if it’s the finest in American firearms, we are in trouble.

I have high standards, no doubt. It’s not my idea of a fine gun. It’s a $1400 pistol built to the SAME standards as the other American Sigs in that price range. The design gives it great accuracy. It offers great P210 performance at a low price. What’s wrong with that?

I think some of you are completely blinded by the fact that it’s stamped “P210”. Quality is identical to the other premium American Sigs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I’ve owned SEVERAL US made Sigs, thank you. Maybe more than yourself. So it’s snobbish to disagree that the cheapened P210A is the finest in American Gun manufacturing? Give me a damn break. I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up. I’m not saying it’s a bad quality gun.

If you think it rivals the real deal, I’m happy for you.

Now go buy more Ruger P Series pistols.

Tear down a German Legend and a P210A. Start measuring. Parallelism of the rails, squareness of the bearing surfaces and so on. The numbers will tell you all you need to know. But I forgot, you picked one up so you know which on is better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbacker_99,

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I think BAC knows quality homie.

Straight up playa

Actually I think he just knows how to come off as a dingus, even funnier when it’s to Q

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it's snobbish to never miss an opportunity to rain down on people's parade, when they praise the P210A. Everyone here knows that. And, the bullshit "I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up" is just that, bullshit. It tells folks nothing. Just because you own the most expensive guns out there doesn't mean that thinking folks have to take your words for it. It's like when you hear many people paint the broad brush, "German made SIGs are quality, and US made SIGs are junk".

So, I'll ask you again, have you tested it against your coveted Euro P210s, and what were the results? And, in another thread, you said you don't think it's a fine gun. And here, you say it's not a bad quality gun. So, what is it?

Q

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Sounder, glad to hear you are happy with yours, I have no regrets in purchasing mine. I bought one late last year due to positive early reports. But having owned Swiss and German versions, I admit I was ready to loudly trash it, perhaps even going so far as to label it an abomination. That is, IF it had turned out to be as bad as I suspected it might. Ok, so I buy US 210 without ever handling one. Turns out the barrel/slide/frame fit is as precise as my Swiss and German versions, cleanly machined in and out, nicely finished, trigger just under 3.5#, reliable, and accurate, at least as far as my capability allows me to determine accuracy. So I'm still ready to not like the US manufactured 210/210A/abomination or whatever, just as soon as this pistol gives me reason to.

FWIW, I've owned three of the standard P series DA/SA SIGs in recent years. The build quality of the 210A is definitely a cut, or two, above the other standard US made SIGs I've owned. I do believe SIG made a credible effort to produce a US version of the 210 with build quality and performance, such that the gun would not be immediately rejected by disappointed buyers. Buyers who would let their disappointment be known at light speed, far and wide, on the internet and across social media.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Goodness! For a moment I thought I was reading AR.15.com's "General Discussion" subforum.

Confused

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post