SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P210 impressive
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P210 impressive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
HA! Very funny TooTech! Smile

For myself, I am ready to buy an American made p210 just as soon as I can get my hands on one. My problem is I can't find one that I can fondle!

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What they offer is VALUE, which is what I think we all truly want!

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Some of you guys are very easily impressed.

It’s a decent performance value at its price. I’ll give it that. P210A quality is identical to the other $1400 American Sigs, like the 1911 Super Target.

They are certainly a far cry from the best in American firearms craftsmanship.

But hey, at least they made a version of the P210 affordable to the masses. That was the priority. It’s great for those folks.

Stop with your snobbish attitude, already.

Btw, how do you determine its quality? Fit and finishes? Accuracy? Did you test it against your beloved much more expensive Euro P210s? Oh, I forgot, you refuse to own any US made SIGs.

I’ve owned SEVERAL US made Sigs, thank you. Maybe more than yourself. So it’s snobbish to disagree that the cheapened P210A is the finest in American Gun manufacturing? Give me a damn break. I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up. I’m not saying it’s a bad quality gun.

If you think it rivals the real deal, I’m happy for you.

Now go buy more Ruger P Series pistols.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:

It’s a decent performance value at its price. I’ll give it that. P210A quality is identical to the other $1400 American Sigs, like the 1911 Super Target.

But hey, at least they made a version of the P210 affordable to the masses. That was the priority. It’s great for those folks.
Don’t quite understand why you continue to denigrate the SIG P210A. Each time one of the members post how much they enjoy and are impressed with the quality and accuracy of the pistol, you chime in with your opinion of it being junk. Granted, you backed off, somewhat, from your “American abomination” comment, but not by much. I normally look forward to your posts of the gorgeous pistols you’re so fortunate to have, which most of us will never enjoy, but I’m beginning to get the impression that you’re a real gun snob. I’ve got numerous Swiss P210s and German SIG X pistols and I do consider the P210A a fine gun.

I didn’t say it was junk. However, if it’s the finest in American firearms, we are in trouble.

I have high standards, no doubt. It’s not my idea of a fine gun. It’s a $1400 pistol built to the SAME standards as the other American Sigs in that price range. The design gives it great accuracy. It offers great P210 performance at a low price. What’s wrong with that?

I think some of you are completely blinded by the fact that it’s stamped “P210”. Quality is identical to the other premium American Sigs.

I'm just going to leave this right here, a bac's saying from this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5820093344/p/3.
quote:
As much as I wouldn’t buy a cheapened American P210, I suspect accuracy is similar as well. I’ve handled a few, but never shot one. I don’t buy any American Sig junk.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I think BAC knows quality homie.

Straight up playa

Actually I think he just knows how to come off as a dingus, even funnier when it’s to Q

Mosdef, but some people aren't happy unless their panties are all bunched up and twisted.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but we laughing about you.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
No, but we laughing about you...

Why not at me? Razz

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Btw, how do you determine its quality? Fit and finishes? Accuracy? Did you test it against your beloved much more expensive Euro P210s? Oh, I forgot, you refuse to own any US made SIGs.

I’ve owned SEVERAL US made Sigs, thank you. Maybe more than yourself. So it’s snobbish to disagree that the cheapened P210A is the finest in American Gun manufacturing? Give me a damn break. I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up. I’m not saying it’s a bad quality gun.

Tear down a German Legend and a P210A. Start measuring. Parallelism of the rails, squareness of the bearing surfaces and so on. The numbers will tell you all you need to know. But I forgot, you picked one up so you know which on is better.

I do.

I have broken down the P210A. The numbers don’t tell you all you need to know.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:

Don’t quite understand why you continue to denigrate the SIG P210A. Each time one of the members post how much they enjoy and are impressed with the quality and accuracy of the pistol, you chime in with your opinion of it being junk. Granted, you backed off, somewhat, from your “American abomination” comment, but not by much. I normally look forward to your posts of the gorgeous pistols you’re so fortunate to have, which most of us will never enjoy, but I’m beginning to get the impression that you’re a real gun snob. I’ve got numerous Swiss P210s and German SIG X pistols and I do consider the P210A a fine gun.

I didn’t say it was junk. However, if it’s the finest in American firearms, we are in trouble.

I have high standards, no doubt. It’s not my idea of a fine gun. It’s a $1400 pistol built to the SAME standards as the other American Sigs in that price range. The design gives it great accuracy. It offers great P210 performance at a low price. What’s wrong with that?

I think some of you are completely blinded by the fact that it’s stamped “P210”. Quality is identical to the other premium American Sigs.

I'm just going to leave this right here, a bac's saying from this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5820093344/p/3.
quote:
As much as I wouldn’t buy a cheapened American P210, I suspect accuracy is similar as well. I’ve handled a few, but never shot one. I don’t buy any American Sig junk.

Thanks for taking my stuff out of context. P Series Rugers are more your speed.

I do not think the P210A is junk. It’s a cheapened version aimed at a less demanding audience. It’s built to the quality level of the other premium American Sigs.

Some of you folks are proving to me what I’m saying. It’s a less demanding buyer. Trust me, I’m happy for all of you who never owned a P210 before the A was introduced. That’s exactly what Sig’s intentions were. It should be a big success. It sure won’t reduce the selling prices of the Swiss or even the German models though.

The P210A is to the P210 Legend just like a P226 Elite is to the P226 X-Five. Same quality difference. This isn’t all that difficult.

posted Hide Post
quote:
This isn’t all that difficult.
Apparently not. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tear down a German Legend and a P210A. Start measuring. Parallelism of the rails, squareness of the bearing surfaces and so on. The numbers will tell you all you need to know. But I forgot, you picked one up so you know which on is better.

I do.

I have broken down the P210A. The numbers don’t tell you all you need to know.

Please expand if you don’t mind.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, it's snobbish to never miss an opportunity to rain down on people's parade, when they praise the P210A. Everyone here knows that. And, the bullshit "I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up" is just that, bullshit. It tells folks nothing. Just because you own the most expensive guns out there doesn't mean that thinking folks have to take your words for it. It's like when you hear many people paint the broad brush, "German made SIGs are quality, and US made SIGs are junk".

So, I'll ask you again, have you tested it against your coveted Euro P210s, and what were the results? And, in another thread, you said you don't think it's a fine gun. And here, you say it's not a bad quality gun. So, what is it?

Tested what?

I’m not talking about accuracy. I have NO DOUBT that the P210A can duplicate the other P210 performance. So can my $1100 CZ TS. If accuracy is all you want, go buy a CZ.

What’s your point? You don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about. Yes I can tell the quality by picking it up and handling it. If you actually had experience with high end guns, maybe you could as well. It’s not “bullshit”. I’ve been doing it for decades and have made tens of thousands in the high end gun business.

I’m sorry to hurt your feeling. Go sell your 50 Rugers and spend the money on a nice 1970’s Sig P210-6 or -5 while you can still get them under ten grand. You’ll thank me later.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, it's snobbish to never miss an opportunity to rain down on people's parade, when they praise the P210A. Everyone here knows that. And, the bullshit "I can tell quality in an instant by picking it up" is just that, bullshit. It tells folks nothing. Just because you own the most expensive guns out there doesn't mean that thinking folks have to take your words for it. It's like when you hear many people paint the broad brush, "German made SIGs are quality, and US made SIGs are junk".

So, I'll ask you again, have you tested it against your coveted Euro P210s, and what were the results? And, in another thread, you said you don't think it's a fine gun. And here, you say it's not a bad quality gun. So, what is it?

Tested what?

I’m not talking about accuracy. I have NO DOUBT that the P210A can duplicate the other P210 performance. So can my $1100 CZ TS. If accuracy is all you want, go buy a CZ.

What’s your point? You don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about. Yes I can tell the quality by picking it up and handling it. If you actually had experience with high end guns, maybe you could as well. It’s not “bullshit”. I’ve been doing it for decades and have made tens of thousands in the high end gun business.

I’m sorry to hurt your feeling. Go sell your 50 Rugers and spend the money on a nice 1970’s Sig P210-6 or -5 while you can still get them under ten grand. You’ll thank me later.

ROFLCOPTER inbound

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys. Take it easy, please. It's just a conversation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, guys. Take it easy, please. It's just a conversation.

Absolutely

My apologies

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Between 12131 and bac, this board is privileged to see some truly fantastic firearms. Let's keep this in perspective. This is a very good thing. We wouldn't want anything to mess that up.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks, para. I had things typed up, but then seeing your post, realized it's absolutely not worth it. Time for me to take two Fukitols, and everything will be fine in the morning. Big Grin

Q

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Namaste

posted Hide Post
A quarter size grouping with WWB at 50' in any pistol is pretty impressive. I wouldn't expect a $1400 gun to have the build quality of a Wilson Combat supergrade. But the 210 has a very good build quality for it's price point. I don't own one...... but I'm willing to bet most people that do own them are enjoying them and they're not sitting in a safe collecting dust like most of their older brothers.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P-210A is my latest Sig and goes along with a P-226 with Various Conversion Kits and an older X5L1 Sig German Mastershop I believe.

The 226 is a straight duty/combat/range all around classic that includes Sig-USA action work. In centerfire mode, it's been 100% reliable and accurate enough in my hands.
In .22....it functions like my other .22 semi-autos..and that includes occasional FTE's.

But in 9mm and .357 sig it's 100% reliable.

My X5L1 handles and feels like a precision instrument and even in my hands is capable of very good accuracy....with 100% reliability. I can feel it is a very special pistol.

My new P-210A matchs the X5L1's performance in my hands and has proved to be a very reliable and accurate specialized target pistol.

In MY HANDS for MY MONEY, it is every bit as good as the X5L1..though the X5 does have a different feel....probably inhernet in its' design compared to the 210.

Sig did a great job with all 3 of my Sig products.

In my opinion, the new 210A is well worth the money, and I'll bet in my hands, performs as well as the much pricier Swiss/German 210's.

Considering they're still hard to find, many consumers probably feel the same way I do.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post