SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Update on my Franken-Beretta with some help from CCR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on my Franken-Beretta with some help from CCR Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I had a factory threaded barrel and PX4 hammer CPII plated. I finally got around to swapping the hammer in...being a frame safety, its quite tedious if you don't have three hands.

I also finally got a stamp back on my pair of Liberty Centurions, so its nice to not have a HUGE 45acp can on the gun.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
While I had it apart, I did a mild action tune on it...polishing the hammer spring, trigger bar and hammer strut. I'd already stoned and polished the feed strip on the slide so it has a very nice feel. I also stoned the sear hook on the hammer and did a nice polish on the surfaces.

Nice trigger overall but not really worked over too much. This one doesn't get shot much as I have an e-nickel frame safety 92 that's my go-to for range time.

posted Hide Post
Looking good. Where are the grips from?

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
KSD in Turkey. Took a bit of fitting to get them to work, notably around the right-side safety to clear it without putting pressure on the wood.

posted Hide Post
It is a wonderful looking pistol.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have shown this pistol before,(I never get tired of looking at it by the way), but I never noticed it had a M9 frame. Did you have to machine out the holes for the thumb safety? That is a nice franken gun with, I am sure, quite of bit of time in it. Cool project.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
One of the nicest Berettas I have seen yet.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

How much work is the frame safety conversion?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Looks great, PGT

How do you like the Liberty suppressor?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
If that was a factory gun I couldn't get my greedy little mitts on one fast enough. Great job.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I wish Beretta made the frame mounted safety guns more affordable.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
oh wow, that is one GORGEOUS pistol!!!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I must say it again...though I'm not sure I said it before...but I meant to if I didn't: that's quite the attractive assemblage of parts that you've got there. Sweet enough to make those normally fugly Mec-Gar +2 bases acceptably okay-looking

Well, almost. Wink

The quirks and latent issues of the 92 series are well-known and too often repeated. But damn do they make for a timeless beaut of a pistol.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Ok...I have to ask, how did you get that slide?

You didn't actually cannibalize a Billenium did you?

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
still one of my favorites

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:

I’ve seen Billenium slides but only with the billboard roll marks.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I emailed PGT about it. This is actually 3 billenium pistols to make this one. For a modest 7,485 he will sort one out for you too... :}

Nah, he got the slide from beretta a few years back, put it on the m9 and went from there.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I’ve seen Billenium slides but only with the billboard roll marks.

Well I figured his was refinished since the Billenium slide markings were only light laser etched, it wouldn't be hard to remove them completely.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Nah, he got the slide from beretta a few years back, put it on the m9 and went from there.

Did he have to pull some strings to get it? Boy, I sure would love to get some special slides from Beretta for my projects...

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Did he have to pull some strings to get it? Boy, I sure would love to get some special slides from Beretta for my projects...

IIRC he said it was on their website in the parts area.