SIGforum
Sig 320 X-Carry rear sight removal

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5760036554

April 14, 2019, 12:44 PM
paper killer
Sig 320 X-Carry rear sight removal
Is it necessary to remove the striker assembly and extractor when removing rear sight or just need to remove extractor spring assembly? The couple videos that I found, they took everything apart just to remove the one screw covered by the extractor spring assembly.

Also, when reassembling the extractor spring assembly, does it go back together easily? As in, is it nearly impossible to screw up reassembly?

Looking to install the Romeo 1. Thanks!

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.
April 14, 2019, 01:59 PM
sprg03-A3
I did not remove the striker when I installed my ROMEO1 in my X-Carry last weekend, just the extractor. I think the striker will just slide out and in though, although I could be mistaken.
April 14, 2019, 02:28 PM
paper killer
Thanks much sprg03-A3!

When you reinstalled the extrator, does it go in just one certain way, or does reinstallation orientation not matter?

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.
April 14, 2019, 03:08 PM
sprg03-A3
It goes in a certain way. The actual extractor is obvious, but the piece on the end of the spring fits a certain way onto the extractor. I think it will be fairly obvious when you go to reassemble. Just pay attention to how far the spring sticks out when you take it apart. If you aren't reassembling correctly it will stick out much farther.
April 14, 2019, 03:33 PM
paper killer
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
It goes in a certain way. The actual extractor is obvious, but the piece on the end of the spring fits a certain way onto the extractor. I think it will be fairly obvious when you go to reassemble. Just pay attention to how far the spring sticks out when you take it apart. If you aren't reassembling correctly it will stick out much farther.

Got it. Thanks much!

April 14, 2019, 03:47 PM
Rustpot
Alma Cole does a teardown, Romeo1 install, and reassembly of his X-series slide in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEOsaSWLjQ4

Jump to about 3:00 to skip to the teardown, 10:30 for reassembly
April 14, 2019, 04:17 PM
paper killer
Thanks for the video Rustpot. Actually that is one of the videos that confused me as to the need to remove anything more than the extractor spring assembly. But I appreciate your reply!

April 14, 2019, 04:47 PM
Rustpot
quote:
Originally posted by paper killer:
Thanks for the video Rustpot. Actually that is one of the videos that confused me as to the need to remove anything more than the extractor spring assembly. But I appreciate your reply!

Sorry, I saw the specific question regarding the extractor and recalled it being apparent in the video. Didn't click in my head that was likely the first video you saw.

With the back plate off the only thing holding the striker assembly in place is friction. Generally it's good practice to remove the parts that are no longer retained, especially if you're moving the workpiece around, turning it over, etc.

It's probably in there good enough to not fall out, but I'd hate to dump that striker ass'y onto a hard floor and watch parts disappear.

Is it possible to set the striker off when the slide is off and the backplate removed?
April 14, 2019, 07:45 PM
paper killer
Good advice and thanks for the update Rustpot!