SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 210 information
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 210 information Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Thanks for you offer. It would be nice if I could get a copy. I'm interested. My e-mail is ottd AT gmx DOT ch

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Thanks for you offer. It would be nice if I could get a copy. I'm interested. My e-mail is ottd AT gmx DOT ch

I'll get at it tomorrow (if you don't receive anything with in the next 24 hours give me a yell.

Posts: 94 | Location: Denmark | Registered: July 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for a little more info. The Danish Special Forces are (proud to say) considered VERY skilled by our NATO allied. Also proud to say that the general in charge is my personal friend.

Any way our Special Forces haven't used the 210 for many years but they used to. One of their main complains was the safety (I hate it myself). Among other things it is extremely hard to operate when wearing gloves.

A customized safety was designed by the Army Materiel Comand and produced in Denmark.

Posts: 94 | Location: Denmark | Registered: July 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that would be great. I have an old article on early SIG developments in exchange. It's in German though. Let me know if you are interested.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, that would be great. I have an old article on early SIG developments in exchange. It's in German though. Let me know if you are interested.

My German is ok for speaking but terrible for reading, so I guess I'll have to pass.

I almost forgot you today, since I started on sewing a shoulder holster, but the article have been send a few minutes ago. Let me know if you got it.

How to spend a day off work:

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dane:
A customized safety was designed by the Army Materiel Comand and produced in Denmark.

Would you be able to post a picture of it?

I was lucky enough to pick up an affordable Danish surplus 210. Not pretty to look at but it shoots well.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Would you be able to post a picture of it?

Money talks bull s... walks (-;

[/QUOTE]

quote:

I was lucky enough to pick up an affordable Danish surplus 210. Not pretty to look at but it shoots well.

Lucky you I can't even own or buy one.

Get it re-blued and it will be as new.

Is it the blued or Parkerraised (excuse my English) version

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I was wondering if it was more like the German "super-target" safety that extends to the rear of the grip. It is a matte black phosphate (parkerized) that isn't worn, just not as pretty as commercial variants. It's a HTK marked serial number 842x.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting, I was wondering if it was more like the German "super-target" safety that extends to the rear of the grip. It is a matte black phosphate (parkerized) that isn't worn, just not as pretty as commercial variants. It's a HTK marked serial number 842x.

HTK means Army Techinal Corps. The department that is in charge of material have frequently changed name so you'll see HTK, FMT and HMAK (today, after the SIG buying FMT).

HTK serial number 0001-16607 are Danish first early pistols from 1948-52.

Probably (almost sure) blued but at some point parkerized by the Danish army (we do not blue only parkerize).

Most pistols from our army did not fire very many shots (except the two i ware out).

You should defenetly get it reblued. You won't ruin anything since it 99,9% was blued from the factory.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Make it 100%. Parkerized m/49 pistols have been refinished in an Danish arsenal.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Make it 100%. Parkerized m/49 pistols have been refinished in an Danish arsenal.

And the reason was, among other things, that blueing was considered more hazard (un-healthy for the workers).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dane,

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Well, but that is a regional issue Wink It brings memories back from working with a noble foundation south of Køge. Smile
Den har vaeret hvor KimLarsen singer kvine min yeg elsker dig...... Sorry for my brutal language skills Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, but that is a regional issue Wink It brings memories back from working with a noble foundation south of Køge. Smile
Den har vaeret hvor KimLarsen singer kvine min yeg elsker dig...... Sorry for my brutal language skills Smile

You got some Danish blod I can tell. Nice with some fellow Vikings on the forum.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
well, I'm 100% Swiss. It's probably the blood-thinner from Vesterbro...
but if Switzerland would expatriate me, I would go to Denmark.

posted Hide Post
quote:
well, I'm 100% Swiss. It's probably the blood-thinner from Vesterbro...
but if Switzerland would expatriate me, I would go to Denmark.

Look me up if you come here again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dane:
I'm sure you all know what SIG stands for: Schweizerische Industries-Gesellschaft (freely translated: Switzerlands Industrial-Company).

What most SIG owners how ever does not know, is that SIG was not a weapon company from the beginning.

The company started as a product of the railway development in the beginning of the 19 century. In 1860 the company got a fourth director who had weapons experience (colonel Burnard). Not until 1890 did SIG start up pistol production. A small amount of Mannlicher was produced for the Schweiz military pistol trial.

SIG interest for pistol production was on very low level after this since their own army did choose the German Borchardt/Luger pistol. In 1920 they got back on track (not the railrode track. Sorry some Danish humor). They produced a smaller amount of the Chylewskis pistol. After this 15 years had to go by, before they got into pistols again. SIG bought the Petters patent. This was the beginning of what we see today.

Sig did not directly buy the Petters patents. Sig had delivered sharpening/grinding machines for the barrel cutting tools to France and they were not paid before the war. When the situation with war and the Germans got worse and payment difficult, the French sent the Petter parts and models to SIG as compensation for payment. And yes, SIG was not interested and laid it aside til 1942 and the interest in a new pistol for the Swiss Army. After the war, Charles Petter was for many years fighting for compensation/licence fees for the use of his patents, so far witout success. Regards collector

Posts: 178 | Location: United Republics of Switzerland | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post