SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Same $.Which would you buy W German P220 or P220ST
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Same $.Which would you buy W German P220 or P220ST Login/Join 
posted
So if you had a choice between two gently used guns, which would you buy W German P220 or P220ST?

Question:
So if you had a choice between two gently used guns, which would you buy: a W German P220 or P220ST?

Choices:
West German P220
P220ST

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Are we talking a non beavertail P220ST? And when was it made?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Non beavertail to keep things even. And let's say a few years old at least.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purpose?
EDC - W. German 220.
Range gun - 220ST.
Although, I voted 220ST. Get a great holster and belt, you'll be good to go for EDC.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I would say both are good to have in your collection. I just picked up a well used 2004 P220ST. I like it very much and usually goes to the range with me along with the X5. The older 220s just seem to be very well made, and at a bargain price compared to what you can now buy new.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Do they both have to be a .45?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'd take the P220 ST, just because I never had one. Smile

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. If I have to pick 1 it will be the P220ST for sure...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
An all-steel .45...my preference all day, every day. The ST would be closest to my already cherished SSEs, so that's where my head would be at.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
So if you had a choice between two gently used guns, which would you buy W German P220 or P220ST?

Yes.

I have both and love both of them for different reasons. If I had to choose only one it'd probably be the W German, but that's like choosing which of your kids is your favorite Wink

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I voted for the P220ST.

The P220ST is my favorite pistol. I have two with the older style proprietary rail (my absolute favorite) and one with the standard rail. All of mine have the internal extractor.

I've read that some people have had issues with the internal extractors, but I have yet to experience a problem with any of mine. Just keep that in mind if you buy the P220ST.

Good luck with your decision.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
220ST is rarer and more durable

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220ST

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, depends on the use for the gun. I'd probably go ST since if I want to carry an alloy P220 size gun it will be my W. German 226.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looks like I am in the minority, if the P-220 is a mid 90's.

If you placed a variety of P-220's on a table, including ST, Combat Stainless Elite, etc... and a mid 90's P-220, I would take the mid 90's, hands down.

*Disclaimer, I am not including the P-220 Legion. The Legion has peaked my interest in recent production P-220's

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

YOU never had a P220ST? Oh, come on!

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have had a string of P220 pistols.
I still have one "regular" P220R in Nitron, nothing special, about a 2004 model IIRC.
I have two P220ST pistols and I am looking for a 3rd (3 kids, y'know)

The weight difference between the two materials is more than noticeable.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
P220ST without question or hesitation.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

YOU never had a P220ST? Oh, come on!

Never been high on the priority list. There's one right now on another site, with all original stuff, and the original proprietary small rail, in excellent condition, for $700, that I'm so tempted to get. But then, there are some other guns on the radar, too. Roll Eyes

But, I have this MSE that had the GGI magic touch. So, I don't feel too bad. Cool

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for the stainless. Such a wonderful boat of a gun.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post