SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What alterations / changes have you made to your P320?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What alterations / changes have you made to your P320? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I have a P320 full size 45 and was wondering if anyone has done anything interesting or novel to theirs? Any alterations for carry? Pictures would also be a nice chance to show yours off and give us all ideas. Thanks all,

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Comments on Grayguns PELT kit versus Apex trigger versus sending it off to Spray for the full spa treatment welcome.

Keeps time occupied until the straight tigger PELT kits are back in stock - which makes 2/3 options moot points for time being.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just the recall update to both of mine.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on mine to head back for the fix and for the X5 grips to come out.

Both of mine are going to be geared towards range and competition guns. Full size 9mm, one with Dawson Precision sights, the other with an RMR for an open gun. Trigger work down the road.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My FS45 is back at Sigland for the fix as we speak. I shipped it out 7 days ago. Man, I'm hoping the trigger is a good when it comes home.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
My FS45 is back at Sigland for the fix as we speak. I shipped it out 7 days ago. Man, I'm hoping the trigger is a good when it comes home.

Mine was as good, if not a little better.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started carrying my P320 compact 9mm. Have carried Classic P-series pistol (P229 and P239) for almost two decades.
Like the P320 a lot and didn't have to do much to it. Sent it in for the upgrade; the work was performed quickly and the trigger pull when it came back was as good or better than before. Swapped the medium grip for a small for better hand fit. Set up my preferred sighting arrangement; tritium front sight and vertical bar rear (old-style Sig contrast rear sight).
Have put about 1000 rounds through the pistol at this point with flawless reliability. It's so easy to shoot, it's almost like cheating.

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Compacts, 9mm and .357.

Switched both grip frames to Small. Switched both triggers to Apex. Bought a SubCompact frame to try on the 9mm -- took it off and have never reinstalled. (The gun is still too thick for comfortable carry for me -- prefer the Walther PPS9 if I need a smaller carry gun).

That's about it. Nothing fancy. If it hadn't been pretty much "right" out of the box, I'd have shopped elsewhere. While I'm a long-time 228 fan, I don't have any special affinity for Sig products over, say, HK and Walther.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My Compact has a Grayguns PELT trigger and Trijicon HD sights. I use the Large Compact grip module, and also have a Medium Subcompact grip module for times when I might need an even shorter grip.

My Full Size has Sig Xray sights. I use the Large Carry grip module.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No mods, other than sights; my own 320's have Trijicon HD's with orange fronts, and my son's have the standard sign night sights. Other than that, just sent off for the upgrade, no other changes to the pistol.

So far, their function has been 100%. I can't imagine what I'd want to change, given that if they aren't broken, then need no fix.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post