SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tag2501:
checked with my LGS today and the 365 with safety in in their distributor system, but showing out of stock

It is also shown on www.osageguns.com website as out of stock. How about "never been in stock". That would seem more accurate.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Informed by Sig today, in response to my email requesting information on a release date, that, although plans for a thumb safety model are in development, there is no current timeframe for a release date. What happened to April/May ?

What?! I continue to be extremely disappointed in Sig's ability to deliver new products to market. I am not terribly surprised based on their historic record, but I was hopeful.

I guess no P365 in my future. So, what will I spend my lunch money on instead? Another Dan Wesson, maybe??

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Dan Wesson Valor Commanders, a duty finish 45 and a stainless 9mm...love them...

Posts: 367 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave my .45 S&W Shield to my son. May replace that with their Performance Center .45 model. I love my 9mm Shield. Both had thumb safeties.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
checked with my LGS today and the 365 with safety in in their distributor system, but showing out of stock

It is also shown on www.osageguns.com website as out of stock. How about "never been in stock". That would seem more accurate.

This is accurate. We have not received any to date. Currently, Sig's dealer site projects 6/27/19 for our first order on them.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:
quote:
quote:

This is accurate. We have not received any to date. Currently, Sig's dealer site projects 6/27/19 for our first order on them.

I will forward to you today my e-mail from them

posted Hide Post
Yesterday I contacted my local LE distributor and he said the official word is "90 days out", but SIG said the same thing about my P320 Carry w/manual safety, and that arrived after about 5 or 6 weeks.

My guess is 4 weeks and they'll start showing up.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian87:
I have two Dan Wesson Valor Commanders, a duty finish 45 and a stainless 9mm...love them...

Yes! The Valor line has been discontinued.. :-(

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:
quote:
quote:

I will forward to you today my e-mail from them

Forwarded to help@osagecountyguns.com

posted Hide Post
“We don’t need no stinkin safety!” Said the gunstore ninja, taking about modern striker fired pistols.

“Then why do they call it ‘Glock Leg?’”said the customer with a limp.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ exactly

posted Hide Post
^^^

YES!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the discussion here relates to "time" relative a manual safety.
Two things that must be considered by anyone carrying.
First it's not time. You can "train" all you want but when it happens__consider you have two seconds and in my personal experiences (LE) it'll apt to be less than two seconds. With that manual safety you
may just wind up squeezing the hell out of that trigger! Yeah, "muscle memory" and "I train disengaging the safety." Yeah. The perp isn't a paper target.
LE's from local to federal carried revolvers for two hundred years. Understand__that double action trigger was the safety. DAO triggers still are a safety.

But the second consideration is__You must have the will. The best example of "will" is from my old Marine Corps Manual > "The spirit of the bayonet is the will to meet and destroy your enemy in hand to hand combat". (Sort of like desire)
If the will is missing in any SD situation... you'll likely lose.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Sig made the P365 as a striker-fired pistol instead of a hammer fired DA/SA, the remaining alternative is some form of manual safety. I would much prefer a sub-compact DA/SA for daily concealed carry.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
“We don’t need no stinkin safety!” Said the gunstore ninja, taking about modern striker fired pistols.

“Then why do they call it ‘Glock Leg?’”said the customer with a limp.

Because everyone is too polite to call the guy with the limp an "idiot."

We do need a safety. It's not necessary a mechanical feature on the firearm.

For those who feel compelled, Sig will certainly offer the option. S&W produce the Shield both with, and without an additional mechanical safety lever. Even the P320 has one now, with the military contract. One has been devised for Glock, but is very rarely seen; it's available for those who really need one.

"Glock leg" isn't. Of the millions of Glock pistols in circulation, how many have resulted in a shot to the users leg?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Informed by Sig today, in response to my email requesting information on a release date, that, although plans for a thumb safety model are in development, there is no current timeframe for a release date. What happened to April/May ?

This gets crazier. I happen to be on the Sig site and decided to look at their airguns. They have a P365 air pistol. The photo shows it with a thumb safety and the description says "manual safety". Give me a break ! They have it on the airgun version but it's still "in development" on the actual pistol ?

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I'd rather Sig "develop" it themselves than have their customers "develop" it after it's released to the market....as they seem to have been doing over past new product introductions.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post