SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year. Login/Join 
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
Just dug up this thread- I ordered a new p365 from an LE dealer yesterday...started searching for holsters and mags, and came across an article about the model with a thumb safety...
Confused
I hope they are able to be retro fitted or I’ll be selling or trading it off.
I grew up on DA/SA with safeties, so I’m comfortable with them and prefer them.

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on the safety. I could live with an articulated trigger safety, but on a gun that small, I want something. Like the man said, personal choices.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several videos online where Sig reps talk about "March-April. Here it is late April and none at my LGS and none on Gunbroker. They better get their asses in gear before that money gets spent on something else.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Any May now.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope they are able to be retro fitted or I’ll be selling or trading it off.

All word I have heard is an actual change to the FCU, not a drop in item. I'm not saying it couldn't be done - eg. some of the aftermarket add-on Glock safeties out there - but I would plan on selling or trading if the factory provided external safety is important to you.

I'm okay with Sig waiting however long it takes to get it right the first time. We all know they can be a little premature with their ad/marketing as compared to manufacturing. This isn't new. Many of us have complained about being Beta testers, and how much we hate that, but we also like to bitch when it's not perfect. Let's hope it's taking a little longer so they can nail it right out of the gate instead of rushing it to the table so we can find out what's wrong with it.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I stated in another thread that I see no need for a manual safety on the 365. The real safety is between your ears they say.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That sounds good. There are any number of people who've been shot with their own guns that might not agree with you.

quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I stated in another thread that I see no need for a manual safety on the 365. The real safety is between your ears they say.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
quote:

...and I get that, but I prefer a manual safety if available. I was trained on a 3rd gen S&W that had a safety/decocker so it’s natural for me. When our department switched to glocks, we had a 40 hour transition training and shot over 2,000 rounds through them. We still had two officers shoot themselves, including a SWAT Sgt., and many other ND’s- cars, buildings and a fire engine were shot.
The newer officers that only trained on Glocks from the beginning didn’t do as much damage but there were (are) still ND’s.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It's actually the only gun that I prefer with a manual safety. I leave a gun in my night stand that also has socks in there. If I reach in to grab it I'm reaching in blind and don't want to grab it incorrectly which is why I currently use a S&W Shield with a manual safety.

With a minimal amount of training you can bring the gun up to eye level while flipping off the safety all in one motion.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I want Glock to develop an OEM safety, as an option. Options are good.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I want Glock to develop an OEM safety, as an option. Options are good.

They have one. They have done them for other country’s orders. The Cominolli safety is a clone of it. I’ve installed one of them on a g19 and it works- rock solid.

posted Hide Post
sig promises but fails to deliver. you learn to wait for it to show

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have read on gunboards for over a decade how there is no need for a manual safety on any handgun. I never agreed with that train of thought.

Then I started working in the LGS part time, four years ago. And I realized that there is a DEMAND for manual safeties. The buying public, 3 to 1 by our estimates and experience, WANTS a manual safety. Especially on their striker fired pistols.

We have a list of 23 customers, who have placed deposits, for the safety equipped P365. Our lying Sig rep told us it would be the end of May before they arrive. We never believe anything he tells us. We are telling customers that they will get a call as soon as the guns arrive - whenever that actually occurs.

So, while folks on gunboards may belittle manual safeties and not want one on their guns, there are MANY folks buying a lot of guns, that DO. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a P320 with a manual safety, and now that the 365 has that option, I may well get one of those too.

The thought of carrying a striker fired pistol like the P320 or P365, which is essentially a single-action trigger without either a trigger blade safety, an external manual safety, or a grip safety, is not attractive to me. Thankfully SIG is providing me with an option, now.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I have read on gunboards for over a decade how there is no need for a manual safety on any handgun. I never agreed with that train of thought.

Then I started working in the LGS part time, four years ago. And I realized that there is a DEMAND for manual safeties. The buying public, 3 to 1 by our estimates and experience, WANTS a manual safety. Especially on their striker fired pistols.

We have a list of 23 customers, who have placed deposits, for the safety equipped P365. Our lying Sig rep told us it would be the end of May before they arrive. We never believe anything he tells us. We are telling customers that they will get a call as soon as the guns arrive - whenever that actually occurs.

So, while folks on gunboards may belittle manual safeties and not want one on their guns, there are MANY folks buying a lot of guns, that DO. Wink Regards 18DAI

Would you consider those who're asking for manual safeties, to generally be novice shooters?

I've seen this too at my LGS and in the majority of instances, novice shooters are the ones requesting pistols with manual safeties.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all everyone shoot carry what they are comfortable with. That said I have never wanted a safety on my EDC. Now if you want one great I don't. You can practice until your thumb bleeds to swipe the safety however under the stress of a self defense situation things change. Have I ever experienced this? No! But, shooting in competition better shooters than me (USPSA, IDPA) who were Masters have drawn and uttered **** realizing they forgot the safety. Now if that can happen in a competition it can certainly happen in a self defense situation. So for myself "no safety". But for everyone it is their personal choice.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say the majority are novices. Maybe 50/50. Of the experienced shooters, many are older - age 45+.

Some of those came up on revolvers, went to 1911s and then DA/SA with decocker/safety. Same path I took. I have settled on 3rd gen S&W as my semi auto carry guns. The majority of those equipped with either a decocker/safety or decock only.

I have never considered a manual safety a hindrance. And using a gun equipped with one I have never forgotten to swipe it off or had one inadvertently be placed on safe while using the gun or handling it. I think it is a training issue. If you train with it, it is not an issue. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an afterthought my P365 manual has a safety mentioned as #12 when pointing out the parts of the gun. Mine was built in Feb. 2019 without a safety so obviously the manual is ready for a safety.

Also someone mentioned holsters. All my Kahr PM9 holsters work great.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Informed by Sig today, in response to my email requesting information on a release date, that, although plans for a thumb safety model are in development, there is no current timeframe for a release date. What happened to April/May ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
checked with my LGS today and the 365 with safety in in their distributor system, but showing out of stock

Think of it as evolution in action

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post