SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 with safety likley pushed to 1st Quarter 2019 UPDATE - Now stating 1st half of the year. Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted
Just got off the phone with Sig Customer Service rep who said the P365 with a thumb safety originally scheduled for release last quarter of this year would likely be delayed to 1st quarter of 2019. No explanation given.

I hope by then the various issues are all resolved. I am looking forward to adding it to my teaching rotation for concealed carry.

EasyFire

Edit... 12-18-18 Customer Service said January unlikely with first half of 2019 being estimated. No provision for a non safety to be converted to thumb safety.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EasyFire,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see more striker pistols with frame mounted safeties.

I’m headed back to the hammer/safety camp myself. Gives me the greatest piece of mind.

The P30S is very nearly my ideal carry pistol.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is one of the main things about the M&P 2.0 Compact that I like. Essentially a Glock 19 with a manual safety.

quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

I’m headed back to the hammer/safety camp myself. Gives me the greatest piece of mind.

The P30S is very nearly my ideal carry pistol.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glad some make this option available, even though I don't understand it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see that at least there is a sort of near-term plan for the safety version. Easy for me to understand why they’re offering it. Having a safety gives users an option - they don’t have to use it if they don’t choose to. Also, it reduces the chances of AD/ND’s among newer users. Reduced AD/ND incidents help all of us by not giving firearms carriers a bad name. Also, again just my opinion, anyone who is living such a dangerous lifestyle that the presence of a manual safety could possibly slow down their engagement time ... well, they might want to reconsider where they live and what they do.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Glad some make this option available, even though I don't understand it.

Wrestle some fool for your pistol and you’ll understand it. That’s before we even get into the AIWB fad.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Striker fired pistol carried AIWB, what could go wrong? Roll Eyes

Yeah, give me a hammer or a safety. An ounce of safety...

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^ This

I wonder how long it will be before the market goes full circle away from striker fired and back to hammer or at least safety.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Mad

I won't complain too loudly about not having to spend the money just yet but it'd be nice to start training with it.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the Sig Academy where I asked around about when the release date might be. They have produced a small batch of 365's with manual safeties and have sent them to the Communistwealth of Massachusetts for testing / approval. Given that Massachusetts is notoriously slow in testing and approving new pistols for their "approved list" late 4th quarter / 1st quarter 2019 looks likely. Still no word on when Sig will start offering proprietary bayonet options for the 365 though (<:

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are so blessed here in the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts to have gun manufacturers make special guns just for us. Why, those S&W M&P pistols with their 12 pound triggers were such a nice and special gift just for us. Now we will get our own P365s with manual safeties. It's so nice to be special.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Yeah yanici, but I'm eternally grateful to you guys for allowing me to acquire manual safety P320s. SIG apparently doesn't feel like producing them unless they absolutely have to.

And I'll be equally grateful when I can finally get a couple of manual safety P365s.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I can get one with a safety my current P365 goes up for sale.

If it takes until first Q2019, there may be other competitors with similar offerings. You can bet that the popularity of this pistol has not gone unnoticed by other manufacturers. I do think SIG has set a high bar for the competition. Even with all the early issues.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Also, again just my opinion, anyone who is living such a dangerous lifestyle that the presence of a manual safety could possibly slow down their engagement time ... well, they might want to reconsider where they live and what they do.

You make some good points about AD/NDs being prevented in some cases. I'm going to respectfully question this statement though. Your assertion seems to be:

1) if you need your gun to be operable as fast as possible, such that the little bit of time difference between safety and no-safety is critical, it must be because you live in or frequent incredibly dangerous areas. So move or stop going there.

But I think you would agree on a couple of points:

1) the need for a defensive shooting can occur anywhere, at any time. Otherwise, why carry at all unless you know you're going into a "hot zone."

2) if you find yourself in that situation, it is because the assailant is armed also and threatening you in some way.

3) if that is the case, by definition fractions of a second count.

So while certain areas are more likely to get you in a self-defense situation than others, ANY time you are in an SD situation draw-to-discharge speed is absolutely mortally critical. Regardless of whether you are taking a stroll through the 'hood at 2am or picking up some wild-caught salmon at Whole Foods in the 'burbs on a Thursday afternoon.

If a safety either slows you down a little bit or increases just a little bit the chance you'll miss the safety with your thumb and actually not get it off at all, that is something to be considered very seriously.

No Safety: statistically extremely small chance you'll shoot your nuts off.

Safety: chance (don't know how large of a chance) that the slightly slower time to get off a shot will be the difference between hit and not hit by the bad guy.

Both are low-probability bad outcomes, but both are REALLY bad if they come true.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add a safety to the P365, and it's utility is lost to me.

If I'm wrestling someone for my pistol, bad things have already gone far wrong. At that point, rather than continuing the wrestling match, it may be time to reach for the P365 without the safety and core drill the bad guy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Add a safety to the P365, and it's utility is lost to me.

If I'm wrestling someone for my pistol, bad things have already gone far wrong. At that point, rather than continuing the wrestling match, it may be time to reach for the P365 without the safety and core drill the bad guy.

And this brings up another point. How many who carry, also carry a BUG?

My anecdotal experience is that I don’t need to carry 24/7. I do carry some of the time. I carry for some after-hours calls where I may go into a “bad” neighborhood. And so on. Currently as I’m dealing with cancer and often not feeling well enough to carry in some circumstances, I don’t.

I see no need, ever, to have a BUG.

If I polled SF, I’d get a wide ranging response. Some have a gun, maybe two, near or on their person literally every second of the day. Some carry away from home but not at home. Some only carry when they think it may be needed. Some never carry.

At some point we need to be comfortable and confident with what *we* choose to do. I like hammers, long first DA pull, and a safety. For me that’s a stock P30S.

The guy who wants to carry a Glock with a minus connector AIWB? That’s his choice, not mine. I think it’s not safe. He thinks it’s fine.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:

No Safety: statistically extremely small chance you'll shoot your nuts off.

Safety: chance (don't know how large of a chance) that the slightly slower time to get off a shot will be the difference between hit and not hit by the bad guy

Both are low-probability bad outcomes, but both are REALLY bad if they come true.

This, combined with what Bruce Gray said a few posts back.

Make your choice...we are all, in theory, big boys and girls, so have a reason, pick your platform, and train with it until it becomes a natural extension.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And this brings up another point. How many who carry, also carry a BUG?

That would be the P365.

All my Glocks, incidentally, have minus connectors, including the G43 that's often in my pocket.

Eventually if the P365 gains my trust, it will be a "bug" in the pocket, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
The manual on my first P355 had a page with a photo of the weapon with an external safety, the newer one I purchased just a couple of weeks ago didn't have that in the manual, so who knows if they are or not??

As far as external safeties go, they aren't that hard to get used to and use, as long as they are the size of the ones on a 1911, I have a safety on my new S&W Shield 2.0 9mm, its way too small.

I only use it when I am loading or unloading the weapon and putting one in the chamber or taking one out. When I get it all loaded up, I take the safety off, the thing is so small it would get me killed if I was fumbling around with it I my hand trying to take it off, right in middle of a Shit-Storm.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up carrying SAO, so I naturally swipe for a safety whether or not it exists. As long as it works in the right direction, I'm fine with it. Of course, I'm not an operator.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post