SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Resurrected my P239 and got some new OWB holsters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resurrected my P239 and got some new OWB holsters Login/Join 
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
My Sig 239 9mm is the only non full sized pistol I own. It shoots so well that I will never sell it. One of these days I will swap put the factory plastic grips for some nice Hogue G10 grips.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I love my P-239, I seldom carry anything else.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have been a fan of the 357SIG cartridge since first being exposed to it out in Dallas County back in the early 90s

When the P239 came out I thought it was a marriage made in heaven. The nose heavy P239 handled the cartridge just great

I own several, but they are all 357SIG

The Texas DPS did not start offering the P239 as a issue option until about 2005

The exception to the cartridge chambering is that I have a 9MM threaded barrel for use with the suppressor

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I've bought and sold a lot of firearms with no regret.

But my Gen 1 P239 SAS customized by CCR, I probably should have held onto to that one.
Carried it 2 years in a Garrity OWB...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The only thing I like more than discussing the P239 is shooting one...

Not so short a story:

My wife had signed up for a Women's only handgun class that was 6 months away and I decided to buy her a handgun to take with her to the class.. as most of you know... big mistake. The good or bad news was in my endeavors I ended up with something like 6 various handguns.... none of which she liked.

After going the revolver route.. I decided to research small semi-autos. I narrowed my search and wish list (for her) down to two... Walther PPK or a Sig P230. Went to our local gun show with those in mind and of course found a Walther PPK and bought it ... then continuing to walk around I came upon a Sig P230... ended up giving the seller some money down and going to the ATM machine down the street and coming back and buying it... my opinion... there is no comparison between the two. The Sig P230 is not only a fine semi-auto pistol but it is in my opinion the most beautiful. I only wished it came in 9mm... well then along comes the P239 which is about as close to a 230 as you can get in 9mm.... This all has to do with curves... handguns should not look like a shoe box . think Glock.. sorry Para... I know they don't look half as bad once you own one, which I do now.
But I like a gun with curves, especially the trigger guard...

About 3 years ago I had some extra cash and had just come to this forum and ended up buying a P239 in 9mm from someone here... I will say I don't like the factory grips... too thin for me... which is odd since I don't like the standard factory grips on a P226 either... too think... but on the P239 the crimson trace grips seem just right... The plane truth is I got hooked on P239s I love this medium sized 'all metal' pistol. For me it is a natural 'pointer'. the troubling part about this thread is now I really want one with some nice wooden grips.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You always take wonderful pictures and those 41s are very pretty but I am an unwashed heathen ........ I never liked the 41. Frown. I know, I know....it’s ONE OF THOSE PISTOLS.....But they never blew my proverbial skirt...errr kilt I guess up. Smile

Some people consider me a heathen for putting a suppressor on mine.

That is the first and only one I have ever seen with a can.

I think it is sexy AF.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You always take wonderful pictures and those 41s are very pretty but I am an unwashed heathen ........ I never liked the 41. Frown. I know, I know....it’s ONE OF THOSE PISTOLS.....But they never blew my proverbial skirt...errr kilt I guess up. Smile

Some people consider me a heathen for putting a suppressor on mine.

That is the first and only one I have ever seen with a can.

I think it is sexy AF.

It's absolutely my favorite gun to shoot.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I've bought and sold a lot of firearms with no regret.

But my Gen 1 P239 SAS customized by CCR, I probably should have held onto to that one.
Carried it 2 years in a Garrity OWB...

Beautiful Nill grips.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten there were some with distinguishing s/n’s, I expect those would bring a pretty penny today. Last stainless 239 GOTM is saw had a 2500$ price tag on it. Crazy, but then everything’s crazy now

Posts: 49 | Registered: October 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Boy how time flys. I keep my pictures and media shared throughout the house. The pictures will randomly come up with this day in x year or pictures from xxxx etc.

Anyway one of the random pictures that popped today was a range trip from 19 years ago and what gun is laying in the center......the old’ P239. Smile

I immediately thought of this thread and subsequently thought....when did I get so old. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Love mine since buying it used from member XLT. I carry it in a Nightingale VM2 style IWB. It was born in 2010 in .40 but also has factory .357 and 9 barrels/mags in the closet.

I can't do a Hogue complete rubber finger grip as it grabs at my clothes and is just generally uncomfortable to me personally. The CT grip has just enough rubber in the right places and feels so positive and perfect that I would not discard them if the laser ever crapped out. Though I really liked the Hogue checkered G-10's, the CT grips with a short reach trigger make this a perfect fit for my right hand. I have quite the ham behind my right thumb so this setup places my trigger right under the first joint on my finger (DA).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have two. Both purchased in .40 and have 9mm and .357 sig barrels and required springs, for both. Well covered.

All in on 239.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>> Mustang-PaPa,
Of course, you're right about what you said about the Sig P239 Gun of the Month and the, I'll say, "look similar" version.
You said: These guns were GOTM but sig also did small batch releases of many of the same configurations as the GOTM before and after that special. Some are identified in the serial numbers and other aren't so it can make for some confusion at times trying to figure out if what you have is a true GOTM."

Easy visual way to tell the difference I've been told is the take down lever. On the "non GOTM" version the take down lever is flat - easier to leave an idiot mark.
A true Sig GOTM will have a "stepped" take down lever.
On the several I've seen and held, that was the case.
Anyone know what these are going for these days? I may know someone who has one, NIB.

Posts: 162 | Registered: July 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post