SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Kadet -- Dedicated vs Adaptor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Kadet -- Dedicated vs Adaptor Login/Join 
posted
All of the good input on my SR22 thread has gotten more wheels going.
I like my dedicated .22 Kadet -- a shame that they are discontinued. It is a bit on the heavy side though.
For those of you with experience with both the dedicated Kadet and Kadet adaptor, what differences do you notice? Including, is the adaptor version as accurate?
Thanks for your thoughts.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
my friend has a CZ85 and the kadet conversion and it is the nicest conversion kit I have fired from a centerfire gun. much nicer than sig's. Better trigger and more accurate.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the conversion kit. Id guess the dedicated is nice as well

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know there is no difference at all. Sometimes a particular slide/frame combo requires a specific slide release to ensure lock back but that is all. If you take a dedicated Kadet and put a 9mm upper on it it would work fine.

Buy the conversion kit and enjoy. The fixed barrel format of the Kadet means the frame doesn't contribute in the slightest to the accuracy of the unit.

Posts: 7336 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a good host for my new SIG SRD22X Suppressor and decided on the Kadet. I’ve got a bunch of CZs, so I picked up the Kadet Adapter II and then sent it to Tornado Technologies to add their threaded barrel extension. It came out great and shoots like a dream, with or without suppressor. I’ve got it mounted on an SP-01, but I can also put it on my PCR, P-01 and even my RAMI. Very versatile and works perfect on all of them. You can find a Kadet pistol (they’ve been discontinued), but they’re very pricey… usually running in the 1,000 to 1,200 range. Actually, after re-reading your post, it looks like you already have one, so you know how well they shoot.

Here’s mine

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin -- Thank you. That is the kind of thing I have heard.

Pedropcola -- Good point re the fixed barrel. You are right, the frame should not matter. It is just hard to believe I could have that kind of accuracy on one of my lighter PCR variants. Very intriguing.

Tooky -- That photo is just beautiful. The white grips really pop. I have been fascinated by Tornado Technologies' product, but don't really understand how they do it. It would save trying to find (an impossible to find) longer barrel for threading. So their threading and barrel extension works without issues?

Damn, I started out looking at getting an SR22, and now am also working towards a Kadet Adapter and a trip off to Tornado Technologies -- and really should get another PCR to serve as its dedicated frame... Then there is the obligatory journey to Cajun Gun Works. Gee, SR22's sure are expensive.

Thanks very much, gang.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
If you can find a dedicated Cadet, buy it.
They are somewhat hard to get a hold of... this has been my past experience.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:

Tooky -- That photo is just beautiful. The white grips really pop. I have been fascinated by Tornado Technologies' product, but don't really understand how they do it. It would save trying to find (an impossible to find) longer barrel for threading. So their threading and barrel extension works without issues?

Hey Scot - The grips are actually silver aluminum and they do stand out. I have the VZ G10 grips on it now and haven't decided which I like better.

If you pull up Tornado's website you can somewhat see how they add the threaded end to the barrel. This is one of their specialties, so they know what they're doing. Mine's worked flawlessly without any issues.

Here's how it looks on my PCR, right at home...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kadet Conversion and it does very well. I do wish I had two complete guns, but I am not a major CZ user so I get by.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I never shoot my Kadet any more because I hate loading the freaking magazines. Apparently, there's a guy at CZ whose job it is to make feed lips sharp enough to use to skin a deer.

Posts: 107232 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I never shoot my Kadet any more because I hate loading the freaking magazines. Apparently, there's a guy at CZ whose job it is to make feed lips sharp enough to use to skin a deer.

Hah, ain't that the truth! Those feed lips are like razors. I had the same issue until I picked up an Uplula for .22s, problem solved!

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
Agree. The UpLula for wide body .22s works a treat on Kadet magazines.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Racking the slide isn't too much fun either with that sight screw sticking out.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I thought he worked at Kahr?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:

Hey Scot - The grips are actually silver aluminum and they do stand out. I have the VZ G10 grips on it now and haven't decided which I like better.

If you pull up Tornado's website you can somewhat see how they add the threaded end to the barrel. This is one of their specialties, so they know what they're doing. Mine's worked flawlessly without any issues.

Here's how it looks on my PCR, right at home...

Awesome.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's a crappy cell phone pic of mine with an AAC Pilot

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107232 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a guy over on the specific forum who mods the uplula to work with kadet mags. Trying to load them by hand is a special hell.

Posts: 7336 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
^^^^ There's no mod required with the 22UpLULA, it works perfectly as is: https://www.amazon.com/Maglula...-3&keywords=22uplula

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I heart my Kadet! She runs like a champ on everything I feed her.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tooky13--

I notice you are using the .22 slide stop on your PCR--it wouldn't work in my PCR so I am using the 9mm stop instead.

Is there a problem in doing so? The .22 stop locked up my gun.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 686 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Hey BlackAgnes,
My adapter came with two of the .22 slide stops. Not sure why, maybe a spare, but they both look to be the same. Mine works fine with the .22 stop, but if yours works with the 9mm, I don't see a problem. You might want to give CZ Custom a call and see what they say.

Abraham Lincoln