SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When I have time to waste...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When I have time to waste... Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
...while waiting for the service guy. Whaddayagonnado?

Why crossdressing my M9A3 with a black barrel and 19-round mag from my 92A1, of course.

There's a lot of different shades of browns on this gun. A little added black in key spots helps, I think. May have to order a new barrel...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The contrast works well with the black controls, IMO.
Looks good!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've since had the 92G Vertec slide cerakoted black, but, here's mine with some 'options'.

I'm convinced that matching the slide and barrel color would yield a nice looking gun. The color on the slide is terrible.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it! I really NEED to go ahead and pick up an M9A1.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I've since had the 92G Vertec slide cerakoted black, but, here's mine with some 'options'.

I'm convinced that matching the slide and barrel color would yield a nice looking gun. The color on the slide is terrible.

The slide color doesn't bother me nearly as much as the visual patchwork nature of the gun. It's the "FDE" SCAR, only handgun sized. After a while, it's kind of grown on me...kind of. Adding a little more black makes its seem a bit more unified...kind of. Anyways, it's just a pistol. Modifying appearances is all in good fun.

But I do like how having an all-black upper works on your gun, particularly with the black Vertec grips; definitely not so piecemeal looking.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post