SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Armed Professional Program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armed Professional Program Login/Join 
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted
Hey folks, I've been out of the Sig game for about a decade and was hoping you all could answer some questions about the Sig Armed Professional Program. I just relocated to Michigan, and there are several Sig Master Dealers around the area, but they're all a bit of a drive, and most of them seem to have pretty bad reviews in regards to customer service. I've looked at both the Sig website and the Osage County Guns APP site but am hoping to find some more info before making the trek to one of the local dealers.

About ten years ago when I last looked at Sig's LE/MIL purchase program, they had a downloadable form that you could fill out to order a pistol directly from Sig at their discounted price. It was interesting, in that you could select features you wanted, such as custom ordering a P299 without an accessory rail (if you wanted to), when options like that weren't available on commercial production pistols. I'm guessing that tailored ordering process isn't available anymore, but is it possible to order from Sig through a local dealer and get APP pricing? For example, I'd like to order a commercial M17 at the LE/MIL price, if that's possible, rather than hunting around for one, even if I have to wait months to get it. I'm curious if Sig supports that, before I go to a local dealer who doesn't want to be bothered and tells me they can't do it.

I'm also curious, for those of you who are more familiar with the APP, if Sig may be prioritizing regular commercial sales right now over restocking APP guns. I know there's a panic on, but it seems like Osage County and Proven Arms and Outfitters, the two big Sig LE/MIL dealers I'm used to checking, haven't had any APP guns in stock for about a year. I'm guessing they may get some in that go right to customers who have placed reservations or special orders and never hit their websites, but I thought Sig might also be selling so many guns at their regular prices that they aren't restocking APP inventories.

Last question: several APP websites, including Osage County and Proven Arms, still list a number of models that seem to be discontinued, such as several versions of 8" MPX pistols with and without braces. I contacted Proven Arms asking about this 8" MPX pistol, and they said they hadn't been told it was discontinued, so it was still on their website, but they had no idea if/when they would get any more in. Are any of those older models still available through the APP, or are those dealers just behind in updating their websites? My impression is that Sig drops models pretty frequently, so at least in terms of the MPX, all the versions other than the MPX K and Copperhead are long gone.

Thanks for any feedback you all can offer!

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a P365 from Osage https://thesigapp.com/

Just pick the model, plug your email in for notification and when you get the email pull the trigger and have it sent to the FFL of your choice. OCG was awesome to work with!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I signed up for notifications from OCG for the M17 and several MPX variants back in November but haven't seen anything come in yet. I added the remaining MPX versions and the P365 to my notifications a couple days ago just to get a sense if anything is being restocked. I'll be patient.

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just to say it... 3 years ago I ordered my MK-25 through Front Sight...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Just to say it... 3 years ago I ordered my MK-25 through Front Sight...

Member bonus pistol or staff buying program?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post