SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a police trade in Sig 226 in .40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a police trade in Sig 226 in .40 Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...the price was around $400, it is in good condition though missing the slide stop tip. Already ordered a replacement. I purchased it online and it was not a good experience, the company was awful but that is for another thread, another time. I liked the two tone stainless slide and E2 grip. Just another range, maybe occasional home defense gun. Sig still isn't on my nice list so I guess I will have to wait until I shoot it to see if the gun works as good as it looks. The night sights still glow and came with 3 mags.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking of one; which company, of curiosity? It may be one I'd like to avoid.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice & it’s not a DAK!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
You know that you are doomed forever having a pistol in the dreaded 40 caliber. Doomed I tell you. I think those bullets barely make it out of the barrel before they fall to the ground.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
You know that you are doomed forever having a pistol in the dreaded 40 caliber. Doomed I tell you. I think those bullets barely make it out of the barrel before they fall to the ground.

Good thing I can just get a 357 Sig barrel Smile

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
So I don't understand this slide stop piece, like it is a personal addition. It is too small to effectively use when I want to lock the slide open for cleaning, inspection, etc. On the left is my Sig 226 Navy and the right, my 226R .40...Anyone seen a tiny lever like this?

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I've been thinking of one; which company, of curiosity? It may be one I'd like to avoid.

Kingsfirearmsonline.com and they have a solid reputation on Gunbroker but my experience was not a good one at all.

posted Hide Post
I have only had one dealing with them, but it was likely the last. Shame as I had also been watching this and a couple of their other items online.

As to your slide stop, could it have been a personal mod by the previous owner. Looks like someone maybe had an issue with riding the slide stop, preventing the slide from locking back and decided to change the gun rather than their grip...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It appears to be a custom mod. I’d swap it with a factory part ASAP.
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
So I don't understand this slide stop piece, like it is a personal addition. It is too small to effectively use when I want to lock the slide open for cleaning, inspection, etc. On the left is my Sig 226 Navy and the right, my 226R .40...Anyone seen a tiny lever like this?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Kingsfirearmsonline.com and they have a solid reputation on Gunbroker but my experience was not a good one at all.

Thanks. I've used recoil gun works, after someone recommending them here, with good success.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
A few months back I ordered one of the CHP Smith 4006 railed TSW Guns from Kings....they sent me a SW M&P 2.0 by mistake. The eventually fixed their mistake but jeez...how hard is it to send the right gun.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a very good experience with Recoil Gunworks as well as Top Gun and Bud's. Guns were
were in much better condition than expected.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I have to say, Kings was not lying about being in good shape. I only shot 140 rounds today, 100 rounds of Remington Green Box 180gr FMJ, 20 rounds of Winchester PDX1 165gr JHP and 20 rounds of Winchester Train and Defend 180gr JHP. I fractured a bone in my left hand so it was very painful to shoot and slam magazines home as I am right handed. I also shot 200 rounds of one my primary edc guns, the HK P30SK V1 from concealment. That is a great thing about this range, state of the art and allows the shooter to draw from concealment or from an OWB holster. I probably should have shot the Sig first due to my hand.

Anyway, the sights are right on, the gun functioned great and though only 140 rounds, I was impressed. I generally shoot 300 rounds to start out with a new (or new to me at least) gun but I have no problem trusting this gun. Metal Sigs are almost a pleasure to shoot as well, very soft shooting in most calibers.