SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P6/P225 Mag Ban?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6/P225 Mag Ban? Login/Join 
posted
I was looking into buying a couple more surplus/new batch of original P6/225 mags. Looking at Gunbroker, the few I saw claimed they were "banned". Plenty of Pro Mag p.o.s. mags for sale, but the originals are dried up.

Anyone have the story/background of this "ban"?

Posts: 12 | Location: AZ | Registered: August 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like typical GB/gunshow BS. It's an 8-round magazine. I don't think those are banned anywhere (yet).

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Found this in a listing:
quote:
BANNED from future import by the German government.

Most of what I saw were P6 marked used. I didn't think they were still making them in Germany anyway, so I'm not sure if it matters if they can't export them to the US.

I suppose if you live in NY they could be considered banned... To be fully loaded, at least.

I have a PILE of P225 magazines, who knew they were pretty much unobtanium.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcbrown:
I was looking into buying a couple more surplus/new batch of original P6/225 mags. Looking at Gunbroker, the few I saw claimed they were "banned". Plenty of Pro Mag p.o.s. mags for sale, but the originals are dried up.

Anyone have the story/background of this "ban"?

No. There's only been bans on exports to warring nations by the Germans as far as I know.

I found one of your GB sellers who talks about banned magazines. He should stop flapping his gums and learn how to properly use the words "import" and "export"

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found one of your GB sellers who talks about banned magazines. He should stop flapping his gums and learn how to properly use the words "import" and "export"
This.

If it was me I'd just get the used P6 magazines from Numrich, also on GB, or from their site, and call it a day.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/810960

Oddly, Numrich has this on their site listing:
quote:
CT buyers must be FFL holders. Cannot be shipped to NYC.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Numrich heads up.

Posts: 12 | Location: AZ | Registered: August 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

I suppose if you live in NY they could be considered banned... To be fully loaded, at least.

Nope. Not even.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Nope. Not even.

Yup 10 rounders legal in NY

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post